Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meet My New Toy!

I got me a new toy over the weekend.
It's none other than Bamboo™ Fun from Wacom!!!




*does little jiggy*

I got a tablet, I got a tablet,
I GOT A TABLET, WEI!!!




This is exactly how mine looks like. Wakakaka.




Check out the specs of this baby: -

Tablet Size
Active Area
Pressure Sensitivity
Resolution
ExpressKeys
Finger-Sensitive Input
Color

Warranty




8.4" W x 7.3" D x 0.3" H
5.8" W x 3.7" D
512 Levels
2,540 Lines Per Inch
4
Touch Ring
Available in Silver,
White, Black and Blue
1 Year

Heh. Sweet.




As I said before, it's available in Silver, White, Black and Blue. And personally, I think the electric blue a bit tak jadi. *shiver* But... my silver one not bad, right? Mine is so cool, right? AND, not only is my little fella so cool, he (yes, he's male) even comes with a host of features and benefits, too!
  • Works with new handwriting recognition, inking and pen features in Windows Vista (all editions but Home Basic) and Apple operating systems (OS X)
  • Supports widescreen displays and has a textured work surface for a natural pen-on-paper feel
  • High resolution and report rate for outstanding accuracy
  • Precise control and 512 levels of pressure sensitivity on the pen
  • Quick access to user-defined shortcuts with four Express Keys™
  • Easy scrolling and zooming with finger-sensitive Touch Ring

  • Patented, battery-free pen with customizable buttons for comfort and reliability

  • Detachable USB cable unplugs from your computer and your tablet for easy storage and transport
  • Ergonomic design provides a comfortable supplement to mouse and keyboard input
  • Includes one year warranty

Go get your own. You won't regret it.
(BIG HINT: Shan't tell you the price lest it turns you off.)


Each Bamboo Fun package includes:
  1. Bamboo Fun pen tablet
  2. Bamboo Fun mouse (A wireless one that's only to be used on the tablet and not on any other surface.)
  3. Bamboo Fun pen (A little too stout for my hands but... I'll survive.)
  4. Pen stand (Only useful if your tablet is glued to the table. Otherwise, it's a total waste of comp bag space.)
  5. USB cable
  6. Quick start guide (Plenty of helpful tips for the tablet noob.)
  7. Installation CD (Includes tablet driver and electronic user manual.)
  8. Software DVD that includes: Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 Win/4.0 Mac, Corel Painter Essentials 3.0, and Nik Color Efex Pro 2.0 GE (For now, I like the Corel Painter best. Still need to test it out properly though. Am currently such a noob when it comes to working it. -_-)

  9. Package of 3 replacement pen nibs (These little fellas cost RM55 for a pack of 5 otherwise.)

So, I've installed it...




...and breezed through the Getting Started tutorial.




Now all I need is a funky project
to work on, that's worthy of my new tablet.

*grin*

7 comments :

David Cheong said...

SO COOOL!!!!! I want one also!

How much is it???

DelvC said...

tablet ?i also got lah ...
sien dy loh !!hahaha!!

Anonymous said...

All you need is a funky project?
Do the good friday banner lor!
Its worthy of your tablet...unless your tablet damn char, cannot perform for a simple task like that

[Dang, i need to get myself one of those too. So that i can look back and admire my handwritting 38years later)

amb3r1te said...

so cool!!!
i wish i had one too!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: David Cheong
– Haha. Cool hor? Nice hor? I also like. Haha. It's... are you ready?

RM399.

-_-


But you can get it for slightly less from Sunway Pyramid. =)


ATTN: DelvC
– Idiot. Why you have to make me so potong. I not art student also.


ATTN: 3POINT8
– You another one??? HAHA. Another reader already asked me to attempt that project. No promises. IF I have time, I'll work on it. If not... sorry lah. Haha.

AND DON'T YOU DARE TALK BAD ABOUT MY TABLET!!!


ATTN: amb3r1te
– Haha. Thanks for popping by. And DEFINITELY go get one for yourself!!!

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Hehehe nice! Can't wait to see what you're going to end up drawing :) See it was sweet that he got it for you!!! Me no lie-ie :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– Haha. I also dunno what to draw yet. And I'm so NOT a pro when it comes to this so... don't be expecting too much.

And yes, it was sweet. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!