Friday, February 29, 2008

I SLEEP BETTER WITH CHIPSTER

So before I begin, let's get one thing clear.

I'm a pillow girl.

I'll tell you that much straight up.
Always have been, always will be.


I'm the kind of girl who likes buying pillows, who loves hugging pillows, who go everywhere at work with a pillow in hand, and who sleep with a LOT of pillows. It's always been that way. And that way's not gonna change no matter what.


It's not for mere aesthetics. I NEED many many pillows to sleep. My top pillow count at any one point in my life was 13 pillows sleeping with me each night, on a small, super-single bed. (Yeah, I was really hardcore back then.)


And then I moved down to KL
to pursue my studies.

Two beds mean less pillows on one bed
but MORE pillows collectively. Heh heh.


The view from the top.


Revealing what's under.


See, how many pillows there are?


Oh wait, that beige pillow's blocking the one underneath it.


Still not clear enough?
Let's number them.


6 pillows in total.


H-e-r-e.

Cos, wait. I'm not finished. I've got spares, too!!! Haha.
Check out my secret stash of pillows and blankets.




I kinda liked the numbering thingy I did before so let's do that again. (I'm lying. It just gives me reason to mess around with my Bamboo. =p)


Note the super-hidden, almost-camouflaged #3.


Tada!


Think I'm done? Not quite.


Even my chairs come extra padded.




The math?

Deep Red Original Cushioned Seat
+ Yellow Cottage Tie-On Cushion
+ El' Cheapo Da TESCO Impulse Buy
= Very Comfy Behind + Very Happy Pam

*grin*


So there you have it. My pillow stash in KL. Not bad, huh? Now, I've got 6 pillows in Penang, and 11 pillows-slash-cushions (minus the one that came with the roller chair, of course) in KL. 6 + 11 = 17. Yay. My collection grew (though I threw 3 pillows away just 2 months ago when I shifted to my new place). But but but... 6 pillows on a queen-sized bed as opposed to 13 on a super-single is a significant decrease in number. That's a 54% decrease in a condition of increased pillow-placing space, wei! I've already toned down considerably.


It's all a matter of comparative perspective.

*grin*


So, why the lengthy introduction? (Yes, that was just my intro to the post.) Well, I needed to establish the importance of pillows in my life. And since I spend a little over two-thirds of my day at the office, you should be well aware that I also NEED pillows to accompany me while I work... and even when I don't work. Heh heh.


I keep a pillow at the office for emergency cat-nap sessions. You know, the kind of naps that come in handy after a heavy lunch or a late night before. But one pillow isn't enough for a pillow freak like me! Problem is, any more than one is considered 'unprofessional' by official Pillows-at-the-Office standards. I didn't want Big Man Boss to start looking at me weird so, I had to device a plan to help me have make-shift pillows I can use without negatively tipping the 'unprofessional' scale.


That's where Chipster's comes in.
It's the perfect make-shift pillow!


See.




I use the Chin-Support Chipster pillow. It's
the most discreet method of sleeping at the office.

See.




Some days, I also use the Double-Brace Chipster Pillow.
It's 'spongy-er'... so that plus-point kinda makes up for
this pillow's lack when it comes to the 'discreet' department.

See.




Sometimes when I really look like crap (i.e. Monday mornings), or when I'm suddenly feeling a little more shy-shy than usual, I use one Chipster pack as the brace and another one as a make-shift shade to keep out the glaring office lights.

And see...




On days when I'm feeling a little more courageous (or just totally fed-up with things), I just get comfy on my desk and turn up the lazy tunes on my comp.

See...




See...




See...




See...




See...


Got armrests summore. =p

And SEEEEEE...

This is my absolute favourite.




One Chipster for a pillow and another that acts as a funky, yet highly-effective saliva drainage system!!! Note the saliva collection cup that's strategically placed at the base of the Hot & Spicy Chipster pack. No more peta dunia for me! Wheee!


So, be sure to bring a pack of Chipster potato chips (or two) along with you no matter where you go if you're planning to hit the sack. Just take my word for it. Why? Cos I sleep better with Chipster's... especially when I'm at the office. *grin*


----------


p/s Nuffnang: If you must know, I'll be wearing
this on that night, okay.




Now, send me my Pajama Party invite! I broke
Tinki Talks' no-face picture protocol for it... ROAR!

19 comments :

Anonymous said...

u know wat, i notice something on ur table, Chinese New Year Pineapple Tarts!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Now only I know Chipster is so useful in so many ways.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yipguseng
– WHOOPS! Busted! Haha. Was saving them for someone... =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Kitkat
– Haha. Yep. And they taste freaking good, too! I'm totally addicted. Haha. That's why it took me so long to take the pics. I KEEP FINISHING 'EM! =p

David Cheong said...

Lol I agree with the people at nuffnang, didn't know pamsong so pretty hor! hahaha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: David Cheong
– Haha. *blush* Paiseh already.

sheon said...

woah.......i love pillows...but you single handedly brought it to a whole new level of obsession..!!!

usually for me...if i started off with more than 1 pillow, the rest would be strewn all over the floor when i wake up.....but still i love sleeping with a couple of pillows other than the one under my head.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– HAHAHA.

"Single-handedly brought it to a whole new level of obsession."

You totally cracked me up with that line. Haha. Yeah, I'm a pillow addict. =p

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Hahahahaahha, nice one babes and I finally managed to get my post out on this hahah. Hoe long we've been talking about writing it already now... sigh :P I shall be seeing you there then hheeehhee

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– Haha. Thanks. Went in to check yours out but didn't see it yet. Will go back for another look later. =)

And yea man. Been talking and talking about it. But hey, they extended the deadline... You know what that means? WE'RE NOT THE WORST PROCRASTINATORS!!! Mwahahahahha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: aronil
– Btw... Not sure yet that we'll get the spots, right? We still have to wait for them to get back to us about this. -_-

Anonymous said...

17 pillows for wat eh?! I have 5 on my bed also I felt "thing-thay" already lor...

Eh...your 2nd last picture is so "Ah-Beng" la....The first time look at it gave us the impression like "Uhmmm! Chipster you support my arms and I slept with you!" Classy a bit can boh?!

And the last one is hilarious, can sleep on the chipsters and yet hold a mug....This girl confirm Crazy liao! Wahahahaha! =P

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

spots?? for sure we get the tickets la... as for the prizes.. hahahha we need to buy like tons of chipsters :P... my post up already bwahahahha

ming said...

so purple is ur color now huh...=p

Anonymous said...

i wan to be the chipster can?? ~_~,u look prettier than the profile pic..hehehe

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Haha. For fun!

These pics are SUPPOSED to make me look Ah Lian mah. When sleep time not supposed to posing posing wan mah. Wanna join contest also must be believable, right? Haiyo.

I like the last pic best. Haha.


ATTN: Aronil
– Wah! How you know can get for sure? Stewie said anything to you? I haven't gone on msn to hound him. Haha.

Read you post di. So free can photoshop photoshop so much summore. Bumming around DOES have its perks. HAHA.


ATTN: ming
– Haha. For now lah. =p


ATTN: Fluxevz
– Haha. Idiot.

And about the profile pic... Well, I heard that smiling does wonders. =p

Simon Seow said...

Nice sleeping attire. I'll be going with my sleeping T-Shirt and sleeping shorts.

Johnny Ong said...

good write up on the topic. hopefully u can get to go.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Eh, interesting a bit can bo? You got your invite already?


ATTN Johnny Ong
– Haha. Thanks! =) I hope so too.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!