Thursday, May 17, 2007

Trailed By Love

I'm not kiddin'.


Was taking my usual route to work when, with a slight slowdown in traffic, I glanced behind. I noticed an old green car through the rear view mirror. Not a very common sight in KL city during peak hours. Many zoom along in their Hondas, Toyotas, BMWs and driver-chauffeured SUVs. Sure, you'll find a number of Protons and Peroduas but comparatively, old old cars are rare.




Curious, I squinted and tried to steal a glance at Old Green Car's driver and passenger. It was then that I was greeted by the most heartwarming sight.


It was an elderly couple.
Nothing special there, right?


Yep, nothing special except for the fact that they were laughing and joking with one another right there in the middle of the jam! Isn't that sweet?! That's incredibly rare these days! And you know, the old man had a totally adorable face. Loved his smile. The kind that lighted up his whole face, Sunshine Style.


I actually tried to get you guys a good picture of him but the reflection of light on the windscreen always got in the way so you'll just have to take my word for it. Haha. I tried till the aunty started staring daggers at me. *gulp* You can see it in the pic above. I'll zoom in for ya. Look below.




Haha. She must have been thinking,
"What the heck is this girl doing?"
(IF she speaks England, that is.)

Don't worry aunty, I don't go for taken men.
You can keep him all to yourself.

*grin*


Oh oh! And I noticed one thing: Both of them were still wearing their wedding bands! The uncle had his hands on the steering wheel so I saw instantly. I then turned my attention to the aunty. Hmmm. A bit harder, this one. She was gesturing so animatedly that her hands were flying here and there. I really had to focus all my power and energy into spotting her wedding band.


And then, I saw it.

She also pakai!


Awww. So touching. I mean, I'll bet they've been married for at least half a century PLUS a decade or two, right? The uncle looked about 80 (possibly 85) while the aunty looked like she was approaching it. Even so, through my rear view mirror, their relationship looked super solid. Sure, they looked old and wrinkled. But their love breathed and gave off an air of freshness. Like they were young lovers sharing a drive about town and giggling madly at each other's jokes. Haha. I remember those days.


Sigh.

What a perfect start to my day.

I got to enjoy the view for about 3km or so,
and then a lousy yellow taxi ruined it all.




Hmmph. Block my view only.

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

so sweet-nya....

hahaha tht's what all taxi do... merosakkan a good view wakaka...

Pam Song said...

Ya lor! So sweet, right? I kept looking back at them. Haha. Not paying attention to the road also. Busy taking pictures only. HAHA.

Anonymous said...

eh, u use ur 'skills' to take 'secret' pix again ar? did u hold up the camera? they can see la?

i'm sure they knew what you were up to innit?

but they can be brothers/sisters wat innit?

i love old people...

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Lovely sights. Dangerouslar you snapped pictures liddat. Wei...eyes on the roads lady...=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: K.Lo
– Haha. Exactly! My Secret Photography Skills. Of course I had to hold up the camera. Difference is that my head was blocking the camera. That's why you can see my head in the pic also ma. Haha. Eh, I not that bodoh.

But then... I think the aunty was suspecting something's up. Haha. Whoopsie.

Eh, I just gave her a shortcut to fame okay! And I doubt they're brothers and sisters. Sure husband and wife wan. Haha.

Old ppl rock.


ATTN: adhojlim
– Haha. I couldn't resist.

NickTay said...

Wah! You a bit champion right, drive and take pictures! And ya, such skill man pam!

Jamie said...

It come to amazed me that you are pretty well scripted with your post-photography production.
I was wondering what application are you using for editing or even putting down your signature..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: NickTay
– Haha. Thankyou you. Thankyou you. I'm trying to quit. I need a take-pictures-while-you-drive patch. Haha. Think they make any of those? =p


ATTN: Jamie
– Hmmm. Okayyy. It's really odd that you say that but since you asked, I use Adobe Photoshop.

Sakura said...

its amazing how u can take pic while driving.. i couldn't do tat.. LOL..
i kinda admire the old couple too.. as u speak..errmm.. coz i think its so rare and so little people can have tat kinda close relationship this dayz..

Pam Song said...

Haha. Woman, there was a jam. =)

And yeah. So sweet, right? And it shows that they have real friendship even in the love that they share. It's important cos when you're old and your children have all moved away, it's the friendship you have together that keeps you going. I hope I find that someday.

Sakura said...

yes yes u will pam.. :)

Pam Song said...

Awww. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!