Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Found A Little Solace

Last night was a beautiful night. Cool breeze, rustling leaves, pale moonlight, streaming through the trees. It would have been the perfect night to just sit by the pool, and listen to the lapping of the water on the tiles and the low humming of the filter.


But the brutality of Monday ensured that I remained in the confines of my room. So I did the next best thing I could with whatever energy I had left. I rolled up the blinds, flung open the windows and just stood there. Enjoying the sweeping chills of the night with my eyes half-closed. Ahhh, heaven.


I went back to my bedside table to pick up Mitch Albom's Have A Little Faith – the only other non-fiction piece the man wrote after his international best-seller, Tuesday's With Morrie. (Loved the latter for its many gems of quotes and lessons. Oh, and I conveniently hijacked the former from The Owner, by the way.)


Book in hand, I walked back to where the breezes blew and started reading. Before I knew it, an hour had passed. Wow, I thought I was tired. And truth be told, I was. But beautiful nights don't quite come by often enough. So when they're present, you take time out to enjoy them. No matter how busy your day, no matter how tired you are.


------------


Quoted from Source.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!