Friday, May 11, 2007

Operasi Train Jantan: Part 9

Read Operasi Train Jantan: Part 1, Operasi Train Jantan: Part 2,
Operasi Train Jantan: Part 3, Operasi Train Jantan: Part 4,
Operasi Train Jantan: Part 5, Operasi Train Jantan: Part 6,
Operasi Train Jantan: Part 7 and Operasi Train Jantan: Part 8
first if you haven't read them yet.


-----------


Hah! And you thought I lost my passion for Operasi Train Jantan already. Don't lie. I know you did. Well, think again cos this time, I'm BACK with a vengeance. Mwahahaha.


The topic of the day is: Pick-up Lines.


My super power male antenna tells me that the average male uses two dozen pick-up lines in his lifetime, but uses the two dozen about a million times. Yeah, they're not very creative. *snicker* Hence, recycling becomes the name of the game. And boy, oh boy, is it a game to them.


Come on, man. What? One line and you think you'll get the girl feeding out of the palm of your hand? Damn, dude, what kind of girls have you been hanging out with? Tsk tsk. It takes soooo much more than that. A GOOD (it's gotta be good or else it doesn't count and the opposite applies) pick-up line just gives you a slight edge over the other boys in your neighbourhood cos you've gotten a head start in the Oh-Look-At-That-You're-Alive-And-I-Notice-You Department.


Okay. Now that we've gotten that settled,
let's look at what's acceptable and what's not, ya?


What's NOT Cool: -


Recycled pick-up lines you've also used on her friends, and her friend's friends, and her friend's friend's friends. Not cool, okay. Girls talk. We KNOW when you've said it before. Even though it may not be directed to us the first time or the next and the next and the next. The bottom line is this: WE KNOW.

Pick-up lines you find over the Internet from pickuplines.com or something. Most of them are tacky, crude and offensive – all highly inappropriate for our Asian culture. Plus, it may come as a surprise to you too but we're also connected. Pfft. This is the Internet age, for crying out loud. Come up with your own lines (if you really turn into a total goof ball in the presence of the opposite sex and you need lines to begin with), okay. Otherwise, you can be sure that when you do unleash any favourite lines from your self-compiled Pick-Up-Lines Encyclopedia, we'd probably have heard or have read them before... and then it becomes lame. Which of course, leads me to...

Lame pick-up lines. You know, the super corny ones. The type that makes your skin crawl, your eyes bulge and your ears ring. Haha. Honestly, I'd rather not expand this point. I wouldn't ever come to an end. There are just sooooo many uber-lame pick-up lines in existence out there! Haha. Instead, I'll give you an example. =p




Need I say more? Haha.
They even KNOW that it's lame!


Now, for what IS cool...
...and oh-so-heart-meltingly-sweet.

*grin*

Yes, it's coming.


Be sincere in your praises. Flattery that's too OTT just kills whatever chances you would have had. The ladies KNOW when you're being insincere. We come with in-built radars that buzz and ring madly whenever sweet talkers with no conscience come our way. Insincerity is a big no-no. And, come on. Assuming that this was to work out eventually and you're not hitting on girls in clubs with no intention of ever having a second date (unless you actually are that much of a jerk), you wouldn't want the basis of your relationship to be founded on deception and insincerity, do you? *blink* Wait. Sigh. Don't answer that.

Speak the truth AT ALL TIMES. Don't tell her you like her face if you actually don't. Don't tell her you think she's gorgeous when you personally think that she's not. Don't tell her she reminds you of Angelina Jolie when she looks like Aerosmith's long lost twin. Don't tell her anything that you want her to hear and believe but you don't believe in yourself. Note: It's different if she's a pig but you think that she's the prettiest pig in the whole wide world. Then tell that TRUTH to her tactfully. I'm sure you'll find a way. Can't think of anything, get in touch. I'll help in any way I can.

Praise her efforts. She put in the effort to look the way she does. Therefore, she already knows that she's got the right dress on, the right shoes to match her eyelashes and the right belt to go with her earlobes. But do you? Show her that you take notice of the effort she's put in to look as good as she does. Even if it's just changing her parting or lip colour – anything! Just notice something at the very least. If you think she's got the hots for you, too, the effort was probably for YOU anyways. Appreciate it. And it doesn't hurt to let her know that you know she knows you know she's doing it for you. =) Sincere praise is the best pick-up line ever. It's the way to go. Women swoon when they get a dose of that. Honest.

Be funny. But not at her expense. Tell her jokes. Make her laugh. Girls dig boys who have a wicked sense of humour. We like laughing. And if we really like you, we tend to giggle. (Did I just say that?!) So long as it's directed to other people and not at us. Haha. Tease, but don't provoke. Yank her chain, but don't mock. It's a fine line to tread but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, right? So, DO IT. Just stay clear of knock-knock jokes, feminist puns and all things lame, and you should do alright. It's about being witty, not about being mean. Sarcasm's fine some of the time (depending on the girl), but I personally think that smooth, tactful innuendo's the way to go. Plus, that way, if she gets it (your jokes, I mean), you know she's as quick as you are and there's a possibility you two could actually hit it off. Wouldn't that be swell? And if not, then at least you've got time to make a run for it.


That's it. I'm done. Cheers!


---------


Oh, and for pure entertainment and nothing more,
here's how that msn message came to a conclusion.



Wa manyak takut ini mia orang. Tak normal.

32 comments :

Anonymous said...

i don't think there's such things as pick-up lines anymore.

as i grow older, i prefer pick-up conversations... they're way longer, more interesting and can always lead to other more 'entertaining' conversations... ;)

Anonymous said...

Super power male antenna? Wherelar you got it wan? Got super power female antenna on the sale har? Buy one for me ok? haha =P

Whoa...you skip chapter 8 and now you are at chapter9... kinda messylar your team presentations =P

Okay, I will say that it is not the pick-up lines that matter the most but it is the heart of making those pick-up lines(whether on papers or real conversation)....it reflects the sincerity, effort and truth that give comforts to the woman that the man loves. Okay Pam! You got the point! hehe =))

Jono said...

Ah, that brings me back to the first few words I said to you, my 'pick up' lines...

"Ah, you! Sudoku girl!"

I seems like only yesterday I delivered them to you....

*sigh ~

Pam Song said...

ATTN: k.lo
– Ahh. I see you've been practicing the art. Haha. Has the conversation style worked better for you? Are results more promising?


ATTN: adhojlim
– This antenna is innate, okay! Want also cannot buy wan leh. Haha. If you don't have then too bad.

Eh, Chapter 8 is elsewhere la. Pfft. You're obviously not one with an eye for detail. Heck, I even put up all the links for you la! What have you been reading!?

Yeah, it's the motive behind the pick-up line. That's what matters most. And honestly, we'd go easy on lame lines if the guy is really sweet on the inside. =p


ATTN: jono
– Eeyer. You ah!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahem! who say I dun have antenna one? Wei..Wei..Wei...I even got RADAR one you know... BIG and invisible one...so you girls watch outla...hehe....you also never know, playing with sattelite images is my favourite toy okay! =P

Aiyoo..and saylar like Im blind! Heck! I saw those linesla...anyway I did put some comments on Esther's blog. As for supersara one(about dress, lingerie,shoes), I cant agree more with that. Buying lingerie for gf is not cool okay! The moment you step into the dept, all the promoters will be eyeing on you. Wherela to put my face...So not my cup of tea...=P

Leon said...

k.lo,

Hehehe I think I agree with you ... totally!

Pam,

Seriously? I don't think pick up lines work much. And I'm just plain ol lazy to think of one, actually.

Usually, I just make eye contact, smile, walk over with a drink, and just say "Hi, my name is Leon".

Hey, it's not very creative, I know, but at least it's not corny, and it does not require much brain cells :)

Cheers.

Jono said...

oh Oh I got one....

"hey, you got any gum?"

"huh?!"

"I need them to stick my words together"

HAHAHA

Makes my "sudoku girl" line 007 Material...

Dont blame my remarklah...if only you smiled at the party then it would've been "dimple girl" k ?

Jono said...

Going back to topic....

Any first few words or sentence you say to a girl can be considered a "pickup" line ya !?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adhojlim
– O-k-a-y. If you say so. Haha. Radar away. Like la we scared. Haha.

"you also never know, playing with sattelite images is my favourite toy okay! =P"

Dude. This just sounds so wrong. And it's satellite.

Eh, what's wrong with buying lingerie for gf? I don't think it's wrong. In fact, it shows that he's man enough to face the "territory" alone. The problem that arises is a lack of knowledge in the department. Not the buying part.


ATTN: Leon
– You're back!

Pick-up lines are pretty olds school. Somehow or another, it's just such a dated practice. No longer "in".

"Hi, my name is Leon."

That's safe. And honestly, I think it works best. It's corny-free. It's being direct without being pushy. Ok la. And no, it doesn't take a lot of firing neurons to come up with that. But then again, girl hunting isn't supposed to be a job, right? So no problem there.


ATTN: Jono
– HAHA. What is it with you guys? I think it's YOUR generation. Really. Haha. The pick-up line thingy. But yeah, anything you say can be used against you in the Court of Pick-Up Lines. =p

"I'm No. JoNo."

Ooo. Bond indeed. HAHA.

Honestly, there wasn't much to smile about. I was forced into the living room. FORCED. Threatened! Serious!

Anonymous said...

Whoa..still awake at this hour? I am definately playing with my toy (satellite images)right now (part of my research studies)...hehe typo error earlier..=P

Its definately not wrong to buy lingeries for your gf... but imagine if you hold the lingeries and walking around in the dept store....what do u think other ladies will be thinking? 'pin-thai' sex maniac? And of course, lack of knowledge of the size, texture and bla..bla.bla.. So I prefer my lady to hold the lingeries and I make the payment at the counter...and that will be better =)

Leon said...

Pam,

Yeah.. been busy during the holiday seasons... *sigh* .. will be prowling around the 'Net for the next couple of weeks, and then I'd prolly be gone again during the school holidays ...

*sigh*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adhojlim
– Haha. Yeah. Still awake at that time. Weekend ma.

Eeyer, you think more about your face and image to others around you than you think about getting her a gift to make her happy wan uh! So what if ppl think that you're sex crazed? It's about the effort for her. You're ashamed of getting her the perfect gift.


ATTN: Leon
– How come you're busy during holiday seasons wan? It's the HOLIDAYS! Live a little.

Anonymous said...

Correct me if I am wrong. The real thing that makes a woman happy is not buying her lingerie...but the way she is treated by her man! Right? Right?

Buying lingerie for gf is dangerous as it could impart the wrong mesagge mah (while in courtship)...Some woman would not like her man to mess with this area.. But if buying for wife is differentlar... So these specialty is reserved for married couples. And of course, a smart man will know when and how about to go on bended knees to please his woman. That is the moment when man might not even care about how people looks at him. So catch the point?

Cheers, =)

Anonymous said...

The most perfect gift that a man could gives to his lady is "HIMSELF"! HIMSELF= total commitment!

Right? Right? haha =P

leonilicious said...

Adhojlim,

I would bet my whole estate against RM 10 to a man who could prove to me he could give 100% full commitment to a woman. 100%, in scientific terms, means total, or absolute.

This means he is not allowed to do the following:

- Admire another woman, ever. (Admiring constitutes to emotional or psychological adultery, no matter the intensity... hey we are talking about 100% here right?)

- Not ever get an sexual high thinking / looking / listening to another woman (in life or in any multimedia forms) other than the wife.

- Must never attempt to flirt / get friendly with another woman.


Any man who could give this 100% commitment gets my estate.

hehehe


Pam,

Let's just say the nature of my business is richly and positively, of course, affected by holidays, especially school holidays :)


Cheers all

Anonymous said...

Resident Sniper:
Hello there! Nice knowing you! =)hehe great insights pal!

Giving total commitment here simply means carrying out your responsibilities as the man towards your lady. And treating this area as a betting arena is not my cup of tea. It does not brings any glory at all. So keep the estate for your ladylar....she will be happy with that =P

No doubt that we are made from flesh and blood and assuredly temptations will be there! But still you can resist the temptations right? Its not so much on how much your lady can snatch away your freedom(if there is some lady who did so)of the decision but it is on the basis on how do you manage the freedoms in within to be able to come out with smart and God fearing decisions that work for both of you! In that sense, I believe TRUST will speaks by itself...hehe =)

Anonymous said...

Resident Sniper: Leon.. thats you right....wah Buddy! You post that challenge, you wan to die arr? Remember there is a girl with the super duper antenna one.....hahaha =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adhojlim
– Of course it's not just about the lingerie. It's about having the guts to stand up for her. And come on, what do you think it tells if you're not even man enough to walk through the lingerie department without going a deep shade of pink? And also, it doesn't connote very positively if you think that what she uses to cover herself is something embarrassing.

I'll only give you the "sending wrong message if not married" part.

Hmmm. Giving of himself is a "duh" thing. Isn't that EXPECTED if you wanna be in a relationship in the first place? You can't use that to say that giving of self makes up for not giving other things.


ATTN: residentsniper
– Whoa. Why suddenly use different name?

I don't think admiring women is wrong. I think that lusting after them is wrong. Like say he admires Condolezza Rice for being a smart, kick-ass woman. That'd be totally fine by me. Admiring Nicole Kidman for standing up for her drunkard husband, Keith Urban, I'm fine by it. But "admiring" Pamela Anderson for her superb running skills is a big no-no. You see? Different la. And yes. That IS emotional and psychological adultery right there for ya.

And no, I don't think there's any need for a man to get a sexual high on any other woman but his wife. If she isn't satisfying him in any way, TALK. Communicate.

And no, he should never attempt to flirt with another woman if he's attached.

But then, I'm not being unfair or a stickler. I'd expect the same from myself. It works both ways la. Men aren't THAT weak, are they?

Hmmm. Interesting. What the heck do you do? Oh wait!!! Must be in the travel line wan. Correct ah?

Anonymous said...

Aiyoo...not willing too buy lingerie for gf = not willing to stand up for her? Where can liddat one?!

If she tells me and Really Really Really wants it then I buylar.....but then dun blame me on the very bad taste and dun accused me of 'dirty mindedlar' as I dun wear one wat... and I never get to see hers also...Only married couples will know better in this...

Fuhyo! You girls susahlar.... Buy die...dun buy Double Die! Why on earth will we men have to face this?! Siao liao! Hahaha =P

BTW, let me post the same question...will you be willing to buy 'condoms' for your husband? Since tat you post that hard question to me...aha let me have one for you too...Fair right?! Hahaha =P *Grins*

Anonymous said...

And of courselar....its not what she use to cover herself is embarassing but Im SHY to buy thatla! But that doesnt mean that I am not willing to stand up for her! Puas hati....*grumble grumble*

Pam Song said...

Of course! Of course can! And why would your partner say that you're dirty minded if she was the one to ask you to buy? Heh. And anyway, I'm not saying she'll ASK you to buy. That'd be weird. But I'm just saying figuratively, if you were to have to walk into a lingerie section because she asks you to get her something, what's the wrong in that?

Of course. Why shouldn't I dare to buy condoms for my husband? Isn't it for US? Why should it always be him? If married di everybody also know every married couple does it la. If dun do it then only ppl think weird. Not a hard question at all. Hah!

Anonymous said...

Okay let your yet to be husband nail you down on that proclamation of buying condoms. Lucky him!

Anyway, if she really wants the lingerie, cant see grab it by herself? Ada kaki ada tangan wat...

Anonymous said...

typo error *see* --> she

Leon said...

Pam; Adrian,

Sorry for the difference.. I have two accounts with Blogspot, one is residentsniper@gmail, the other is residentsniper (old account)..

Same password, though.

Sometimes I forgot the @gmail.com part, and it routes me to my old UserId.

And no, i'm not in the travel line :)

Anonymous said...

Leon: Welcome back to the ride again! Aha! The Queen is really nasty here...wat shall we do with her?

Pam: On your remarks "...TALK. Communicate." Hey! You missed another step! Do it! Move it! Move it! It saves your marriage. And of course reserved for married couples ONLY.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adhojlim
– Of course ada kaki ada tangan la. But it's the thought that counts ma.

Yes, cannot be all talk. But that's the starting point. That's where all good and improvement begins. But it cannot end there. All talk, no action, no use.


ATTN: Leon
– Haha. Ooo. Why the second account? Personal and private, far far away from prying eyes? Haha.

Hmmm. Not travel. I'll think of something.

Anonymous said...

Pam: I certainly do understand what that means. The female will search into every bit of her man's heart to know where she stands! But I will say at times I will not give in to my gf is not because I dont care enough but I know what is the right thing to do that works for both of us! Now you know the point of view from a man of course. Anyway, I did learned a couple of new things from you and your team. And I certainly appreciate them! Keep it up! As for the jokes....they are merely jokes..not more than that! =)

Yah! True... words without actions are useless. Sad but true. I have friends that are divorcing very soon with their respective partner. Im truly shocked to hear that! I hope there will be some miracles on that! Cheers, adhojlim =)

Pam Song said...

I can't really explain it but yeah, women do use all this to gauge how much and how far her man will go for her. It's a test of the extent of his love for her. Cos this requires sacrifice. Of course it's not a MAJOR sacrifice like giving up your life but still, the sacrifice of facing your fear of losing face in such a store is a sacrifice to her. And it means a lot... even if she didn't really want the underwear. Yeah, women are funny that way.

Aih, put it this way. Insecurity makes us do stupid things to ensure that we're loved. And honestly, it's very difficult for a woman to give herself to her man if she doesn't see that he's willing to give her ALL. I know it's unfair cos she should give her a all too. But... we're not wired to put our hearts on the line that way. We don't want to risk it getting broken.

Well, in your case, as you said there are times you won't give in. Well, I don't think that that's entirely a bad thing. Just that be sensitive to her feelings also lor. Sometimes saying no is good for the relationship but other times, by saying no, you risk breaking her. Just be careful with her heart.

Haha. I know that this is all going very deep considering what spurred this off was lingerie shopping issues.

Aih, divorce is one of the most stressful thing in life that a human may bear. It's just one behind Death of a Spouse. My heart goes out to your friends. May they find their miracle.

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Fully agreed! To add on, the moment a man pursue after a woman, he already put his so called 'face' at risk. But still he do it..its the chemistry and the zeal that drives him. So I believe losing out 'face' is not a real problem to majority men. However as for myself, buying lingerie for gf is not my nature and she will definately honours me in the way I am. And based on that, 'mutual respect' bonds strongly!

However if a man really loves you, he will make all the efforts that are possible to make you happy and be secured! I believe most men will agree with this.

Well, I do agree that woman should set high standard on the requirements of their perfect man, so that you dont not regret over it in the later stage. There are too many divorce cases taken place, perhaps it a prevention step to the woman.

Saying no to gf is inevitable in some cases and sure enough it must be carried out in a subtle manner that demonstrate love despite of the rejection. So that she understand I reject not because I dont love her but it is someting else that matters.

So the talk show continues..=) Cheers...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adhojlim
– Ooo. Yeah. I was talking to my mom's cousin the other day. About this guy chase girl and losing face thingy. It was a really interesting conversation. I may blog it one day.

Hmm. Love amidst rejection is the area in which many men fail. I feel la. Most of my girlfriends tell me that they agree with me also. Somehow, men are slightly less sensitive to how their words affect the women.

Anonymous said...

Yah! I will agree (at least for myself) that sometimes the words that I used are insensitive to her. However given these trial runs, I suffered but I learned to be her better man. So its certainly a Win-Win situation provided that she allows some space for mistakes. Haha =)

Pam Song said...

Whoa, check that out, man! There's a SHE in the picture! Bravo, man. Spill.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!