Friday, September 30, 2011

Shameless Gift To Self – NOT!

The Husband and I have been on the lookout for a nice bedside lamp for a long, long time. Sure, we bought a super cheap one from Batu Ferringhi (RM16 only!) right after the wedding to make do but it turned out to be more of a for-mood-lighting-only lamp that barely gave off enough light for us to see each other in the dark, much less read a book before bedtime. -_-'


Don't get me wrong. I liked the Batu Ferringhi lamp. Still do. But it really isn't as useful as I want it to be. :-/ So I kept looking. (I think my other half tak peduli already by this time. Haha. Men. Tsk tsk.) I eyed every lighting shop we passed and scoured online stores for something that would go with the decor in our room. And last week, I finally found one. =)


Via Reebonz.


I think it's stylish, simple, contemporary
and I super like the fact that it's a touch lamp. =D


Best part is, the team at Reebonz works fast! Like really, really quickly! I placed my order on Monday night (26 September) and my lamp arrived all decked up in a luxurious looking box on Thursday (29 September). That's just 3 days for shipping from their HQ in Singapore! I used to have to wait for weeks or even months whenever I bought anything from international sellers like on eBay so, needless to say, this was a very short wait in comparison. =)


 My new lamp in its decked up box, covered in protective plastic.


I was also pleasantly surprised that my precious lamp was in its original box, in a very hardy Reebonz box, wrapped up in gold ribbon, and covered with plastic, as seen in the picture above. It reassured me that the product I had purchased was well taken care of, even as it made its way to me. =)


 Shipping info.


 Invoice attached under the box.


 My order – so neat and... well, orderly. =)


 Good paperwork turns me on. =p


After going through the paperwork to check that everything was correct, I proceeded to unwrap the plastic cover that protected the big black box. All the while, smiling to myself like a goof-ball, of course.


 The box and its gold ribbon without the protective plastic on top.


I felt incredibly happy and insanely ridiculous at the same time! Like I had just bought myself a gift and had it gift-wrapped at the store just so I could rip it open later myself. (I swear that wasn't my intention!!) Haha.


*mad*


 The box without the ribbon.


And then... TADAAA!!


First sight of my new lamp!


Ok, so it's a little smaller than I expected but, hey! I'm not complaining. This little thing comes with TOUCH TECHNOLOGY, okayyy?! That's like having NASA technology in my very own bedroom! Haha. Anyway, maybe it only looks small cos it's packaged to be compact enough for easy shipping. Maybe it'll look bigger once I set it up. Whatever the case, I appreciate the paper pillows they placed all around the lamp. It's little things like that that differentiate a good online store from a great one. =)


 Product tag.


Original packaging from Paris.


I haven't opened it yet. No point cos I don't have a spare bulb at home anyway. Once I get one – goodness knows when that will be – and successfully set up this Incidence Small Touch Lamp I bought, I'll be sure to do another special on it. Maybe with a video to showcase the touch tech included. Haha. WAIT FOR IT!


 Me and my new lamp.


One final note before I go:
All hail online shopping!!

The perfect remedy to heal the sick. =p


p/s: Reebonz is a members-only site so if you wanna head on over to check out their stuff, click here. That's my personal invitation link. Be a member and you automatically get 50 Reebonz credits along with some purchase discounts. But what's in it for me, you ask? Well, I get credits upon that first purchase you make. Totally win-win! Wheee! =D

2 comments :

Lissa said...

Touch lamps ftw! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– FOR THE WIN indeed! Can't wait to start playing with it. Hahaha. =D

Post a Comment

Talk to me!