Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jeffro, I Found It!!! =D

"I consider myself a feminist. So much so that I almost feel it goes without saying. Of course I breathe air! Obviously, I enjoy sunny days with a light breeze! Yes, I'm a feminist! Duh.

For me, being a feminist means that I should earn the same amount of money as a man in my field with comparable experience.  If I'm applying for an apartment/loan/job/school and I'm competing against my male doppelganger, I want to have exactly the same chances that he does. I want to be able to walk through my neighborhood without being followed or harassed.

I like to wear dresses and lip gloss. I'm not great at reading maps or doing complex math in my head. Sometimes I get verklempt when I watch videos about animal best friends. I'm also incredibly driven, direct and occasionally too assertive for my own good. I don't think these traits make me a better/worse woman or a better/worse feminist.

While I think I'm just as awesome as any dude out there, I don't think I'm the same
.  I think that (most) men and women are wired differently – physically, psychologically, emotionally. I know that I, personally, am better at certain things than the guys in my life.  And that they're better at some things than I am. 

Equally awesome. Good at different stuff."


------------------


This has got to be my absolute favourite post on feminism yet. "Equally awesome. Good at different stuff." You said it, Sarah! I couldn't agree with you more.

4 comments :

Jeffro said...

hahaha well said indeed! and I couldn't agree more on this! =) Equally awesome. Good at different stuff." I'll cheers to that! =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Not bad, huh? I'm still all for chivalry though. =p

Jeffro said...

Hahaha, so long it's not cowardice =D Chivalry is good =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahaha. Chivalry is AWESOME.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!