Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Anybody Want A Bit Of Blah? I've Got Some To Spare.

My favourite time of any regular work day used to be lunch hour. Sure, we'd bicker, moan and groan about having to decide on where to go every. single. time. (In hindsight, I don't understand why it used to be so difficult. We always go back to the same old places anyways -_-) But after settling the matter – whether by vote or veto – we'd always enjoy that hour-long time out with one another between work and more work. It was something to look forward to, no matter how dull the day.


A close second favourite time of day would be that midnight moment between Sanity and Madness. That tipping point when Thinking and Logical Reasoning decide to elope, then run amok on you without warning before self-combusting into a firework display of Crazy meets Crackers. The extra lame jokes, the ridiculously loud (and sometimes off-key) singing, the overdose of Iced Milo – omg, the Iced Milo – WITH ICE! *melts* I loved, loved, loved it!


It's different now though. You see, I started thinking a lot about how I felt about work after going down to KL for the 2010 Kancil Awards last month. And I realised that... I don't have that "favourite time of any regular work day" anymore. It's not lunch hour, and it's definitely not any midnight anything either cos... well, we don't work those kinds of hours here. (Thank God!) But... that doesn't mean I shouldn't have a favourite time of day when I'm at work, right??


Very often, when I look back at my days now, I find it difficult picking out the high points. There are few things I'd remember enough to share with anyone else at the end of the day, or just have to blog about before I forget. Peaks in happiness or excitement are few and far in between. More often than not, everything's just... blah. And blah's bad. Cos it makes me feel even more blah knowing I've had nothing but blah all day. =(


Personally, I don't get it. I don't get me. I mean, it's not like there's not enough work to keep me busy. And it's not like our deadlines are so comfy-cushiony that I don't sometimes feel like a headless chicken. But then again, it's not like there's soooo much work that there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to finish everything even if I don't sleep either lah. So technically, I should have enough ups and downs in my day to offer me a variety of moments I could enjoy. Keyword 1: Should; Keyword 2: Could. Heck, to be honest with you, I don't even feel excited to leave the office at the end of the day. -_-


So tell me, what does this mean?
What does this lack of emotion mean?

4 comments :

Lissa said...

At least you have a lunch hour. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– I wouldn't mind sacrificing lunch hour for buzz in place of blah.

Lissa said...

You wouldn't sacrifice it for a buzz like mine. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Hahaha. It's good you love your job. Doctors need to be passionate about what they do. It's not a job. It's a calling.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!