Sunday, December 05, 2010

December 1 – One Word

Gee, it looks like my recent hiatus from blog-world has cost me 4 days off the #reverb10 timeline. Haha. Boo... Bad blogger. =p Ohbutcummonnnnn... better late than never, right? =)


So what's #reverb10?


Well, it's an annual, open-to-all, month-long, always-in-December online initiative that encourages its participants to reflect on the year and manifest what's next with the help of prompts. So... yeah. That's what I'm going to be doing (or at least what I'm going to try to do considering the hectic work schedule that's teasing/testing/taunting/haunting me at the moment -_-''') from now till the 31st of December. I hope I don't potong stim and hilang semangat halfway through. Haha. I also hope to learn more about myself and my dreams for the future through doing this.


To join me on this journey of self-discovery,
click on the badge below and wait for the jump. =)




---------------
"December 1 – One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?"
---------------


My word for 2010 is CHANGE.


It's been a year of many changes for me. So many that I don't even know where to begin talking about them all. Haha. But don't worry. I'll try. =) Let see...


I quit my job in KL, then started a new one in Penang after a much-needed 3.5-month break, much of which was spent in Australia. Leaving KL was difficult. And I'm still re-familiarising myself to Penang and its quirks. But I'm sure that in time, I'll settle. Things will only get better. =)


Because of my relocation, I stopped renting rooms and living with strangers-turned-housemates-turned-friends. Instead, I've gone back to living with family. And the family pet. But my moving process isn't yet complete. And won't be for awhile. For I've also been tasked to pick furniture for The Fiancé and I with my future in-laws for our future home.


And since we're talking fiancés, in-laws and new homes, I started the year with a status change. I went from Single to In A Relationship on the first day of the new year. 6 months later, I accepted a proposal. And now, I'm planning a wedding with the man I'm about to commit the rest of my days to.


Work-wise, I'm doing something I used to hate... but now, I think I'm starting to prefer it to what I liked. =) I still do miss my old colleagues at MCKL – Duh Roads, Lamé, Tim Tams, The Senior Writer, etc. But... the peeps are KRPG are pretty swell, too. They just speak more Hokkien. =p


As you can see, there have been
MANY significant changes for me this year.


For a number of those changes, I'm still adjusting. In mind, as well as in the physical. Some changes haven't fully metamorphosed yet so change will undoubtedly continue come 2011 and I'll still be adjusting then. But I'm thankful that they've all been good changes – healthy changes. Even so, constant change needs to progress into stability sometime. So... the word that I hope eloquently captures 2011 for me is STABILITY. =)

2 comments :

RealGunners said...

from single to getting married all within a year.. sipek power lah u!~

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
- Haha. Dun get heart attack. I've known him we were in primary school and we've dated since Jan 2002 wan. Haha. We just took a break in between. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!