Tuesday, December 07, 2010

December 5 – Let Go

NOTE: This post is part of #reverb10


---------------
 December 5 – Let Go.

What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
---------------


I think the most significant thing I let go of this year was... *drumroll, please?* ...my life in KL. It wasn't an easy decision to say the least. And I still miss it on most days if not all. But that's that and I'm okay with it. For the most part. Heh.


But gosh, if I'm honest,
this is what I'd say:


I really miss the life I had in KL. I miss my room at Damansara Perdana. I miss my matching 5-piece furniture set that always moved with me. I miss my big-enough wardrobe and queen-sized bed. I miss grocery shopping at Jaya Grocer. I miss the kitchen where I cooked. I miss the water pressure there. I miss flooding the apartment every other month. I miss Little One. I miss sitcom nights. I miss late-night suppers. I miss spontaneous late-night suppers. I miss having supper, period. I miss my sizzling plate tofu at Lucky Seafood, Seapark. I miss SS2 porridge. I miss SS15 baby crabs. I miss KFC dinners at Jalan Universiti. I miss Friday lunches at Kanna Curry House. I miss MCKL's coffee machine. I miss the crazy agency life down there. I miss the buzz that came with it. I miss 4-lane highways. I miss the simple understanding that the right lane is always the fast lane. I miss bike-free roads. I miss CHCKL. I miss my friends – ex-housemates, ex-colleagues, ex-college mates, etc... and that's just the half of it. @_@


But I let all that go this year.
Why? Cos it was time.

4 comments :

JK said...

Come back, come back!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: san ling
– Wish I could, man! I sure wish I could.

yapthomas said...

baby crabs!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
- I WANT!!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!