Monday, December 20, 2010

Gold Diggers Are Smarter Than Hottie Chasers

I was just sharing with The Fiancé last night over dinner about some dude who offered me a 2ct. diamond ring – he saw the ring I was wearing – if I'd just ditch The Fiancé and start dating him instead. True story. To which, this conversation ensued...


The Fiancé: Some guys think they can get girls with their money.

Pam Song: Well, those guys with money can only get some girls.


Truth. Cos, I hate to break it to you but those 'some girls', are the same girls who'd just like those men for their bank accounts. Sounds totally shallow, right?? But totally MFEO if you really think about it. Haha. Cos one just loves the material; the other just loves the physical. Nobody's in it for the personality behind the money or the face. Oh, well. To each his own I guess.


The only thing is don't get is this:

Why would a guy possibly want a girl
who'd love him just for his money?!

And why would a guy want a girl
who's good for nothing other than her looks??


Beauty and body are depreciating assets. Throwing money into that is much like putting money into a car – its value will reduce over time. So what if she's hot now? I guarantee you she won't be hot forever. She will grow old, her skin will sag, and wrinkles will appear. It's unavoidable. Time has the last say and no amount of eye cream or bird's nest is going to ever change that.


But personality and character, on the other hand, will mature and continue to develop as the days go by. So isn't it wiser to invest your efforts into winning over a respectable woman with the right priorities and a good head on her shoulders instead? It is akin to choosing solid bonds and shares that hold the promise of growing in worth and bringing in good harvest in the future!


I don't know about you
but the smarter choice seems
pretty obvious to me.

Hmmm...

Oh oh! But the ironic thing
about these shallow folks is this:


When you really think about it, a woman who picks a rich man only for his money... is actually wiser than the fool who falls for a hot woman only for her looks. Why? Cos at least she's smart enough to invest her time in an appreciating asset while he is investing in a depreciating one. Hahaha.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of this article I read a while back. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Hin Ching
– Haha. Gimmie the link! I also want to read. =p

Jasmine Yim said...

Wow, that guy had the cheek to ask u to ditch your man!

Well written piece anyway. When my vanity takes over me, my other half never cease to remind me that it's the character that will stand the test of time.. :)

Btw, I don't know whether I have mentioned this but your ring is gorgeous! Classic & simple :)

Blessed Christmas to you and KS!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jasmine
– Yeah, I thought so too. Thing is... "my man" apparently didn't seem to mind him hitting on me. Cos when I told him, he was all, "It's ok wat." @_@ ??? So... I guess if he's ok with it, who am I to complain if someone else offers me a bigger ring? I dunno lah. Guys are just weird. Don't get them sometimes. They get all worked up over silly things but when big things like this happen, it's like it's nothing at all. Makes me wonder what it means sometimes.

But thanks for the compliment on the post as well as regarding the ring. =)

Oh, and your fiancé is a wise and grounded man indeed! Good catch, Jasmine! Good catch!

Lissa said...

That's cos he has complete faith in you! :)

The Faux Fashionista said...

I completely agree with you that women who date guys for their money are WAY smarter than guys who date girls for their looks. Who's the one with the ROI? :)

Personally, I always tell my bf that the reason I fell for him is because of his looks! :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– That's what he told me after he read this post! Thing is... he never even ask if I'm feeling ok or anything also. Like... if ppl want, I have to fight them off myself. He just sit back and say, "It's ok wat." Guess I was upset that he didn't get upset. -_-'''

Girls are complicated, aren't we? HAHA.


ATTN: The Faux Fashionista
– YA! If only them boys know how silly they are for falling for that unsustainable face-body combo. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!