Monday, September 15, 2008

Mamma Mia! The Movie

Saw Robb's post for free tickets to watch Mamma Mia! The Movie on Nuffnang's blog a couple of days after it was published. Looking at the rate the comments were flooding in, I thought to myself, "Forget it lah. Sure no more tickets liao. You not kiasu enough this time. Just go find your own kaki to watch and pay the RM10 lah." Mana tau... today I received news that THERE ARE STILL TICKETS UP FOR GRABS!


*kiasu-ism kicks in instantly*


MUST. FIGHT. FOR. TICKETS.
1, 2, CHARRRGGGEEEE!!!



*fights off other kiasu bloggers*

Tee hee. No laaa. I very gentle wan.

*grin*


ANYHEW, I guess I'm going go out on a limb here and have a little faith in Nuffnang (and in Robb *cough cough*) for the tickets. I believe that I shall be busy on Monday night, the 22nd of September! Woo hoo! *blink blink* Right, Robb? Right? *puppy dog eyes* (I hope this blogging-by-faith thingy doesn't backfire. *gulp*)

Date: 22nd of September 2008 (Monday)
Time: 9pm
Venue: GSC One Utama (New Wing)
Hall: 9
Pax: 250



"Mamma Mia! The Movie is a 2008 stage-to-film adaptation of the 1999 West End musical also titled Mamma Mia!, based on the songs of successful pop group ABBA, with additional music also composed by ABBA member Benny Andersson. The film did very well at the box office and had the largest opening weekend of any musical film in U.S. history." (Source: Wikipedia.)


To be honest, I'm not looking forward to this movie cos of the ABBA songs. I mean, the songs are ok lah. But they're not the main reason for my kiasu-ism. My reason for watching it is cos it's a wedding movie. Haha. The whole story revolves around this 20-year-old girl who's planning her wedding... (Bloody hell, I'm lagging lah!) ...and she wants her father to be there to walk her down the aisle and give her away. Problem is, she doesn't know who he is.


She never met her dad. In fact, her dad doesn't even know he's the father! Haha. You see, her mom boom-boom-boom-ed in the Summer 21 years ago and left no concrete information of who fathered her child. Only clues. In her diary. Which her daughter read (tsk tsk) and brilliantly came to her own conclusions of who her possible fathers were. She had three in mind. So what do you do with three possibilities? YOU INVITE 'EM ALL!


After that you can imagine lah,
what happens when the mother finds out.

Haha. Drama sial.

A definite must-watch, right? =p

Right.

SO NUFFNANG (*coughRobbcough*),
GIMMIE TICKETS PLEEAASSEEE???


Oh yes. And the best part of this movie is this: They're screening Mamma Mia! The Movie for Nuffnang bloggers in Kuala Lumpur... AND IN PENANG!!! (I am Penang kia! That's why I hearts Penang many many! And I hearts Nuffnang for heart-ing Penang! Cos it indirectly means that Nuffnang hearts Penang kias! Wheee!)

Date: 22nd of September 2008 (Monday)
Time: 9pm
Venue: GSC Gurney Plaza Penang
Hall: 8
Pax: 180

Nuffnang, I so proud of yeeewwww!!! =)

10 comments :

Geek @ Kedai.TV said...

Mama Mia is better as a Musical ah. Watched when in London.... and no fun too just like when they did Merchant Of Venice as a Movie..


azrin @ www.azrin.net

PS: how come U never visit me anymore?

zecount said...

hmm i read the newspaper today that the musical is also coming to town at istana budaya

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Geek @ Kedai.TV
– Yeah, I can imagine that it should be heaps better. I wish we had more musicals in Malaysia. Sigh.

And I did go in! I saw your latest post on bloggers summore. Haha. See? So updated. =p


ATTN: zecount
– ISSIT??? Let's GO!

Anonymous said...

huh! Write like this can get free ticket from Nuff ah?! If liddat I also want ler.....

Simon Seow said...

Yeah. Can camwhore with Pam that night.

zecount said...

hahahaha ... see when first lah ... can i get a lift? *big big smile*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. I dunno leh. I'm trying. =p


ATTN: Simon Seow
– HAHAHA. That is IF I get the tickets lah. I so last minute. Dunno whether still got or not. They send email for Penang only.


ATTN: zecount
– Whoa. That's a toughie. I can pick you from Asia Jaya lor. Hahahaha. You find out when lah. This year or next?

zecount said...

it's this year 17 dec til 1 jan 2009 ..not sure where to get the tickets though or the price

Jeffro said...

lagger...

stop lagging ler..

^_^

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Ooo. Hmm. Dunno if can or not that timing. But sure damn ex wan lor. Better start saving money NOW.


ATTN: Jeffro
– Cannot help it lah. -_-'

Post a Comment

Talk to me!