Wednesday, September 17, 2008

That Little Silver-Coloured Non-Silver

I was given a tiny cross pendant once. And I loved it to bits. Small, discreet, and barely there – it was just my kind of pendant. It had light engraving on both sides. One made up the design of the cross, and the other was of Jesus, but both so subtle it was barely visible unless one held it to ones eyes.


I remember not accessorising before this gift. I remember not even having a necklace to begin with. Fancy that! I had to buy one in order to put this pendant on. And I was willing. Because the pendant was beautiful. It was so what I'd have bought myself if I were to walk into a jewellery store. It was... me.


But somehow or another, much as I loved it, I ended up misplacing it sometime end of last year. About the same time I moved to where I now live. Probably before, even. I remember my frustration at not being able to find it when I wanted to. I remember screaming on the inside for not being able to put it on when I wanted to. Yeah, I remember all that. Except for where I placed it.


Well, tonight is one of those nights where slumber doesn't knock. Goodness knows why. But tonight, I thank my lack of slumber. Simply because my wandering mind ended up digging through the dirt and sweeping away dust in my head for that little sliver-coloured non-silver I missed. Lying still, I let my mind do its thing. I let it do the walking. And before I knew it, I knew where it was.


Right. There.

*smiles*


Holding it between my fingers now, I can't remember if it's made from white gold or platinum. Not for the life of me. Haha. Not anymore. I know I was told way back when the tiny cross pendant changed hands. And I knew. Just like I know for sure now, that it's not silver. But I no longer know if it's one or the other – white gold or platinum. Damn. Which is it? I know it doesn't matter. But I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop wondering. Haha. Funny how my mind always seems to obsess itself with all things trivial.


All because I was given a tiny cross pendant once.
And I loved it to bits. In the same way that I still do.


p/s: On hindsight, I think it was made of platinum. I remember it being of different material from the necklace I bought, which was made of white gold. Yeah, it was platinum. Most definitely.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!