Thursday, August 09, 2007

100 + 1 Blogs To Read

So many bloggers out there with so many blogs. One for work? Maybe. One for friends? Most definitely. And even perhaps one for when they decide to live precariously and enjoy the thrills that come with leading double-lives? Sure, why not. With a hundred and one blogs to fight for every reader's reading time, who's to say YOUR blog will be the one to be read?


Content. That's what. Writing style. That's another.
Ideally, that is. But we don't live in an ideal world, do we?


So what makes one blog different from the other? What makes one blog more INTERESTING than the next? The fact that you know the blogger? Or because you find yourself being able to relate to the stories that said blogger tells? Or are you just being a nosy-parker with nothing better to do than read about the lives of others instead of living out your own?


It all got me thinking, you know? I started wondering why you guys even bother reading my I-listened-to-the-radio rants, or even listen to me tell of the fact that my car wasn't talking to me, for that matter. Do my work stresses really excite you enough for you to keep coming back for more? I hope so... but I highly doubt it.


So maybe it's just because I'm damn random when it comes to my posts. I talk about everything without necessarily being specific about anything. I use analogies and metaphors to tell my tales just cos it gives me a kick when I see some of you misinterpret the data I've presented. I barely use names unless it's about people I don't know personally... or people whom I know very well but am not exactly best buds with.


Whatever the case, you guys are really doing a great job.
Keep reading, alright? I'm watching you. =p

11 comments :

ming said...

yes. keep reading and time to share the money from Nuffnang

=p

Pam Song said...

Haha. If only got so much money. Sniff. Now the ads are by click like Google AdSense. If nobody click, me no get money also. =(

ming said...

its so hard to earn money with dat google thingy la! last time i used to earn 50 cents per month from the ads!
hahahaha

Pam Song said...

Ya lor. Sad case, right? Cos all the 1 cent, 2 cent no use wan leh. No wonder you remove the Google AdSense ads di. So ugly summore all the text.

Do you know I enter to read comics? Haha. Sometimes they have some funny stuff. Sometimes, it's REALLY an ad. Bleh.

ming said...

but i dun see google adsense on your blog also..you hide it with black color font ar? =p

Pam Song said...

No lah. The one with comic is not AdSense. It's the Nuffnang ones. But only some got comic. You have to check out. Not all have.

Chei! I never use AdSense lah. I tried last time when I was setting up this blog then I cannot tahan cos so ugly. All the small small words everywhere one line one line. Eeyer. I took off immediately, man. Didn't even leave it there a day. =p Obviously I didn't earn anything from it. =p

Pam Song said...

Anyway, AdSense is by per click wan lah. What's the point of having it in black!? Haha. Very funny lah you.

ming said...

Hahaha.. I just join Nuffnang.. but my ads like hanging hanging there a bit weird la..

and i dun have A LOT of readers, so maybe i will take it down again..=p

Pam Song said...

Haha. Cools. You joined. Haha. If you wanna check out your readers you can also try Advertlets. It tells you whether your readers are female or male and where they're at. It's good if you wanna check out who reads your blog. Haha. But the ads not very cool so after I found out, I took mine off. HAHA.

ming said...

i have SiteMeter which also tells me all my readers information...

but i dunno why i have readers from Hong Kong and places that i've never been or I dun remember i have friends there...hahaha

Pam Song said...

Oh, I have that, too. Haha. But it doesn't say if they're female or male, right? Heh.

Anyway, yeah, I have readers from all over, too. I'm guessing it's cos there are some people who happen to stumble upon our blogs. They don't intentionally come in but they end up here by accident.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!