Thursday, August 23, 2007

Simply Irresistible

Had a pretty good day today (given the circumstances) with plenty of time to catch up on my reading. Thank goodness I popped by Border's book sale at The Curve for some bargain book-shopping last weekend or I'd have died of boredom and not any infection. First up for company was this one – Simply Irresistible – and I have to say, I certainly chose a good book. Haha. Finished all 313 pages and wished there were more to flip. It's right up there with my other all time fave – I've Got You, Babe.




NOTE: Spoilers up ahead. Skip to next paragraph
if you intend to get the book and read it for yourself.


This is one of your typical love-hate relationship tales between a wannabe-nice-but-unbelievably-lust-filled-formerly-jaded male stud, and a tough-cookie-but-longing-to-be-loved-single-mother chick that, of course, ends happily ever after. But wait. Before you cross this out as another Mills & Boons, there's a 6-year-old kid entangled in the storyline so that kinda makes things a tad more interesting than the regular she-meets-him-and-they-fall-in-love romance novel. Nice!


After reading, I wonder: How anybody would ever not want to get married is beyond me. To have and to hold the one person who thinks the world of you for an entire lifetime... what's there not to want!? Heck, I'm all for it! I think marriage is such a beautiful thing is you find yourself walking down the aisle with the right person.


Any woman who says she doesn't wanna get married is either (1) 6 years old and punching smelly boys at playgrounds, (2) grown up but out of her mind, (3) throughly jaded in a previous relationship that she's sworn off men with garlic and a wooden stake, or (3) simply lying through her teeth in a lame attempt to deceive herself into believing that she doesn't want someone to love her.


Now, I need to stop thinking about weddings, bridesmaids,
rings, floral arrangements,... and get my butt off to bed.
Tomorrow's gonna be a loooooong day.

3 comments :

supersara said...

omg i wanted to buy it too, but daddy says bimbo books are a waste of moneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. roar.

wanted to get "the trouble with valentine's day" too!

Pam Song said...

Haha. We have good taste, woman. That's why you wanted this book, too. Anyway, tell your pops that this will help in your choice for a good husband. It'll help you look for the right qualities in a man. Tell him you need this kinda info. =p

Pam Song said...

Haha. Oh, and I bought that other book too. The Valentine's one. Will read it on the way home. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!