Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Take My Car While You're At It!

I'm pissed.

*grunt*

So so very pissed.


The parking rates in KL are simply ridiculous! Especially for the type of parking lots our cars are subjected to. We get the worst of the UN-tarred, UN-shaded lots in all of Wilayah and Selangor, and they flood just about every other day. Heck, those lousy buggers should be paying US for keeping their lalang problems at bay! UGH!


And now, they say there's a price hike effective 1st of August 2007!? What is the meaning of this?! Like, hello! This is the SECOND hike since I started working, okay. The parking rate used to be RM2.60 daily back in April but it went up to RM3.00 in June. And now it's RM3.50!? This is ridiculous!


And mind you, this is the f-u-r-t-h-e-s-t available public parking lot from my workplace. It's a 15-minute walk if I take a shortcut (it's not very short but it's a hell of a lot shorter than using the main road) through some tourist centre in KL. (Yes, I trespass everyday. And should the day come when I get caught, dear readers, please pool your money and bail me out. I'd be eternally grateful and I promise I'll write a fully dedicated 1000-word post in your honour.)


I endanger my very life on a daily basis by crossing a 4-lane almostbutnotquitethereyet-highway (one lane coming from my right and three coming from my left) in order to even get to trespass through that tourist area. It's quite overwhelming and sometimes even borderline traumatic when experienced while half-asleep.


AND YOU WANT TO
CHARGE ME RM3.50!?

(You must really enjoy kidding yourself.)


Sigh.


I really can't get over it. A 90sen increase in just three and a half months? That's a mind-blowing 35% price increase from their original, more reasonable rate of RM2.60, man!!! Meaning, I'll be spending 35% more on parking in total! Sigh. It's absurd. Absolutely absurd.


--------------


NOTICE: Tinki's Parking Fund now open. Donations from any well-meaning individual, association or company welcomed. Cash term only. Will accept Ringgit Malaysia, Singapore Dollar, Australian Dollar, US Dollar and UK Pound. Thank you for having a heart.

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

First you complained....and in the end you ask for donations...pandai arr....HAHAHA!

Try to avoid parking at their spaces lo ....Boycott them and park at other area which is safe and properly lit...

Pam Song said...

Haha. Cannot lah. All the other places are more expensive. This was the cheapest one that's why I parked there. Sigh. But now, it's not that cheap no more. Fed up. How to survive like this? Die die die.

You wanna be my first donor? I'll give you honorary mention in my next post. *wink*

Anonymous said...

Ehwah! Suddenly I became target......okay..okay.....I give...I give but you gonna sing all of us a song huh!
*Wink Wink * Hahaha =P

Pam Song said...

Aiseh! My first donor? How many zeros should I add behind the RM1,000 summore? See, at Tinki Talks, we always believe in giving people the freedom of choice. *grin*

Anonymous said...

The more zeros at the back.....okay......then catwalk with songs lol!

What do you guys in CHC say?

PheeeWeeet! Hahaha =P

Pam Song said...

What has this got to do with CHC? This is between me and you!

Anonymous said...

Ok...then catwalk...*goyang goyang goyang* SING.....then catwalk again.......*goyang goyang goyang* SING....apa macam?

Somebody can borrow stage? CHC? haha....=P

Pam Song said...

O-k-a-y. You've lost it. You've officially lost it.

Anonymous said...

uh? Lost what? Merajuk pulak...

Pam Song said...

Merajuk? Like who? You ain't seen nothing yet, my friend.

Lost it as in flown out of the balcony and got way out of line. That's what. Haha.

littlewoozie said...

wow... that is super super ex, man! i pay $1.50 for parking already think "tsk tsk, waste money". you should learn to fly, then can fly to work. Go find superman, ask for tips.
on a more serious note... move to singapore and take mrt. since your work-life balance already so teruk (in my thinking la) come here also not much diff. i think you reach home later than calvin does.
(then I have another babysitter to fall back on! haha..)

Pam Song said...

And dear cousin-in-law, this is the CHEAPEST parking in the area. If I park in the building I work at, I'd be broke by my first week every month. RM4 for the first hour and then it's RM2 for every subsequent hour. Next in line after this parking lot is one that's RM4, then another that's RM5 and one that's RM8 daily. SAKIT!

Hey, I thought I was Superman... Hmmm.

Haha. If only the public transportation system was as good here as it is in Singapore.

Wei wei wei... My work-life balance quite okay wat. Haha. Terrible lah you. Supportive a bit can bo? Haha.

But... I KNEW IT! It's all about using me! You just want another babysitter! That's all you want from me! Nooooo!

Sniffle.

I'm hurt.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!