Friday, August 17, 2007

Camerama-Cameroo: Part 2

So, enough about illegal races. We're here to talk about Cameron's and not speeding cars so let's stay focused, shall we? I'll try to make it as short and as sweet as I can but I tend to get carried away so don't hold me to this if I do. =)


In Cameron's...


1. They're into making stuff really big. Exaggeration's probably the "in" thing here. Found a gigantor pencil that helped me rediscover my love for writing, and almost died choking on a killer block of ice that came in my limau ais.





These people don't abide by the Law of Proportion.
And that, of course, leads me into #2.


2. They're into really small, absolutely teeny-tiny stuff. It's crazy! It's one extreme or the other in Cameron's. No such thing as moderation. But me being me, I luurrrvvveee teeny-tiny stuff so that's the extreme that I'm all for. It gets my vote – both hands and two feet in the air. Bought a tiny, red marketing basket that could possibly be entirely useless in the real world... but what the heck, I liked it. I like it so many manys!




3. They're into realistic-looking, life-sized fake pets.
The heavy, wooden, carved kind. Workmanship's pretty good, I must say. Everything's quite detailed. It looks really, really... well, realistic. But do you really want a pet that only has ONE pose... and does nothing else? Sien lah. I suggest you only go with this one if your other option is getting a cat. Pfft. Now, that one's totally good for nothing. *snicker*




4. Everything blooms. And they bloom like big, big, big! And so many, many, manys! So nice lah. I like. If only everything flowered as well as they do up there, they wouldn't have to replant the flowers alongside our highways as often as they do, if at all. I blame the temperature down here. With an average daily temperature of 34ºC, it's no wonder everything shrivels up and dies. Flowers already do. And believe you me, if we keep living the way we do and exploiting the Earth as terribly as we do, we're next. Do your part today and say "NO" to global warming!






5. There's waaay too much vegetation. They come in rows – ENDLESS rows. On the slopes of Cameron Highlands and in tourist stops all the way up and down the mountain. It's like a flora fest there any day, every day, everywhere! No exaggeration needed.









6. The pathways look unusually good. Even though they're old, misshapen, uneven and badly cracked. Maybe it's just cos here, there are nice greens lining both sides of the concrete rather than even more raised concrete. It just looks better that way, you know? Very pleasing to the eye. Nice.





7. They've got grammar problems they need to look into. Right now, their grammarizing like not so many fantasic, you know? Based on what they have now, Mr Shoplifting-the-Action would be sitting in jail for the crimes of other itchy-fingered criminals, and restaurants would be perfectly roasted till golden brown. Blur? You'll probably have to click on the images to read, understand, and catch my drift. Click! Click! Click!





8. They've mastered the art of imitation goods. Forget Petaling Street. The ultimate destination for fake-goods shopping is now Cameron Highlands. Check out Kang Li and you'll see. Sigh. Poor Buncho. I've had such an affinity with it since I grew up doodling on art block with those messy little paper wrapped oil pastels. You know, I swear my kids will draw with the original stuff. None of this Kang Li fakes for them.




9. They've got tolerable birdies. Even had one on the palm of my hand while it flapped its wings. You could buy one. They're pretty cheap. Very affordable. They cost less than RM10 so... go nuts.




10. They have Spiderman. The ultimate highlight of my trip. This particular set of pictures required my Hidden Camera Technique. It's been awhile since I last used it. =p Anyway, back to Spidey. He was really short and his head was slightly deformed. And oddly enough, the superhero was hunched over and shivering in the cool breeze. But, oh well... this sure brings new meaning to "Heroes live among us" for me. I call it Fate. Call me Mary Jane Watson, please.





Alright, that's enough about Cameron Highlands for one morning.
More to come in the next Camerama-Cameroo! Ta!

2 comments :

JYJL said...

Wah... those flower pcitures looks so professional. So I should praise the photograher or the good camera?

Pam Song said...

Haha. I believe that it's the photographer's mastery at work. The camera was from a W810i. Hence, it's my turn to say, "Thank you, thank you."

Yi ding yao you li mao.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!