Friday, September 02, 2011

Sakit Sampai Pengsan

So you must be wondering if I died of boredom in Muar or something cos I suddenly went MIA after that last post about my pink toenails. Haha. Well, dear readers, fear not! For I am alive!! =D Though unfortunately, to be honest with you, I'm not really ready to be kicking right now. :-/


You see, The Husband and I had rushed back to KL on Wednesday to attend a friend's wedding banquet at the JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur that very night. And although the banquet was lovely, heart-warming, wonderful, amazing and all that awesome stuff – will blog about it in due time – I was smiling and catching up with old friends through weird cramps and tummy aches. Thing was, as the night went on, the waves of pain got progressively worse.


Went home immediately after the last dish, popped a Panadol ActiFast The Husband handed me, took my bath, and hit the sack in an effort to sleep off the pain. But I couldn't even fall asleep! Before I knew it, it was morning and the pain was even more intense than it was the night before! So I figured, "Hmmm... something's wrong inside liao. Better get some help."


Told Mama about it first thing in the morning and we visited a nearby Mediviron to get a doctor's opinion about an hour and a half later. After some Q&A and two scans, the doctor said, "I think you're constipated." @_@ And he sent me home with some painkillers, an inflammation drug, and some laxatives. -________-


 The meds I got from Mediviron.


Yep, I paid a dude RM95 for him to tell me to go poop. -_-'''


Took the tablets and became best friends with the potty in under 10 minutes. After that, I also noticed that the pain was a little less intrusive than it was before so The Husband and I just went ahead with our plans and went out with his parents to get some stuff we had planned to do earlier, done.


Things were alright for awhile I suppose. But while climbing some stairs in the sun, the pain started to come back. But while it hurt a little more than I remembered it hurting earlier, it was still bearable. But that changed in mere minutes. During the walk back to the car, I started to cramp really bad – the kind where I needed to stop walking and just focus in order to bear the pain – and bright spots of light started to play hide and seek with my eyes.


I don't remember much of what happened after that. All I know is that The Husband caught me before I fell to the ground. Doesn't help that different people tell the story of my passing out differently. The Husband's reenection makes me look like I did the Capoeira on crack, while Mama's version makes me look like a drunk ape. (@_@ ???) But considering my sources, I think I'll take Mama's word over The Husband's any day. =p


Anyway, they decided to send me to the A&E at SJMC immediately after that episode. During the ride there, I was pretty much out of it. Spots of light, bad cramps, cold sweat – the works. It was only until we were 5 minutes or so away that I started to feel a little better and was a little more attentive of my surroundings.


Got myself a consult with the doctor on duty and was told that there was nothing much she could do cos the hospital was working on skeletal staff during the holidays. (Fail!) She then told me to visit my own doctor in Penang to get myself checked out when I'm back, and discharged me with a prescription for Buscopan. (Double fail.) -_-'''


So anyways... tomorrow morning, I've got an appointment with a doctor I've never met, seen or heard of before, at my usual hospital in Penang. I'm not sure of what the expect. Please pray for me, people! Pray that all goes well and that all is right inside! Muchas gracias.

25 comments :

infinitium said...

hope you feel better (and get a clean bill of health). (psst, i think it's a (very nautti) boy!)

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear that you're sick. Get well soon! Praying for you. :) Much love and hugs.

Lissa said...

ACK!! Hope you'll get better soon! Take care. <3

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
- Hahahahahaha. You, my friend, couldn't be more wrong. But thanks. Hopefully the doc says nice things.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
- Thanks, babe. Hangout time will have to be postponed till further notice ok?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Thanks, doc! Hopefully a good report from a good doctor is waiting for me. :-/

Aivlysm69 said...

Hope you'll get well soon and that everything's ok, babe! It's not gastric/ulcer, right? Sounds pretty similar to a friend's symptoms but let's just hope it's really just too much poop cramped in you! Haha

Zhen Ying said...

I hope you're much better now babe. Sounds like a bad case of constipation. Hope its not twisted bowel. Take care!!!!! Will pray hard for you :)

Melissa said...

Sure thing! Get well first. I'll be seeing you the coming weekend. :) HUGS.

Jeffro said...

Constipated? Really? Well I've heard many bad rumors of that particular clinic though.. Even my mama thinks so (she's been to a branch nearby *shrugs*).

Btw I do hope your pain does go away, and may you get well soon! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aivlysm69, Zhen Ying, Jeffro
– Thanks for the love, guys.


ATTN: Melissa
– You going to PCC this weekend?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
- Oh, wait. I just realised the weekend's over and it's Monday already. -_-'''

Zhen Ying said...

How did the check up go? I hope it nothing serious.

Melissa said...

HAHAHA. Saw your in-laws in TOP over the weekend. I'll get to see you on this coming Saturday. Will reach PG this Thurs (8th) at about 9. :) Having songs rehearsal for Tham Tham's wedding Friday night.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– It went alright. Tell you in email ok?


ATTN: Melissa
– Haha. I see, I see. Unfortunately, I'll probably be a no-show this Saturday. Looks like I'll have to miss ET's wedding. =(

Melissa said...

WHATSSSSS?! Why why?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– In the words of FB: It's complicated. =p

Melissa said...

To the PM-s we go! Woohoo! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Haha. ONS LAH!

Melissa said...

Nooooo repliesss! :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Oddly, gmail didn't notify me of your message. Ok. Reply now.

Jin said...

AIKS! I DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE SICK UNTIL I READ THIS POST!

how are you? hope you are better now. Sorry i lambat sikit. i hope its not the food that caused u this.. :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jin
– Yeah, that's why we left early. Before you guys went out to shake hands. (Not sure if you did since there was dancing after.) But... yeah. Now you know. Am better today. And no, it's not the food. Hahaha. LOVED THE COD! Super good call!

Jin said...

oh man.. shucks.. nvm i will share with you more videos! come and visit me with ur hubby when you are in KL. We will share our photos and videos with u guys.

we went out and shake hands after and we were wondering why we didn't see you.

We are still dreaming of the cod. One of our bridesmaid who went food tasting with us had a nightmare the night before our wedding. she dreamt that she was too busy until she missed the codfish. LOL

anyway, get well soon!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jin
– Ooo, yes yes! Or upload on YouTube! Wah, I saw your wedding ah... crew EVERYWHERE man! I'm sure they didn't even miss a single moment. Sadly, my camera ppl missed lots of stuff so we weren't really happy with their work in the end. :-/

HONEY BAKED COD WAS DA BOMB. DA BOMB!!! I loved it, man. I ate one and a half. HAHA. Cos our table had 2 extra seats. Who was supposed to be with us actually?

And thanks, I hope to get better soon, too. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!