Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

Urgently needed to bring home some Happy yesterday so I whipped out the butter, broke an egg and ended up playing with some dough.




But let's start at the very beginning where things are clearly defined instead of jumping right into a messy middle; cos DUH, that's where all the good stories tend to kick off. So here's where it all began – cookie mix, chicken egg and what I think is about 80 grams of softened MasterChef butter.




Some hands-on mixing and lot of mess later (now I see why people use deep mixing bowls and not a shallow soup bowl -_-''') I got a lump of even-looking dough, dotted with some very yummy-looking milk chocolate chips.




Spooned them onto some buttered cake trays (against recipe instructions, mind you – oh, I'm such a rebel in the kitchen!) and flattened them out before shoving them into a pre-heated 180ºC oven for some good old fashioned oven lovin'. 13 minutes later, I got this:


18 cookies the size of my palm each. =)


Mmm... I think I shall do this again! After all, I'm willing to bet that cookies make a healthier mid-afternoon snack than Doritos chips. =p

4 comments :

ubersupersara said...

so glad you're connecting with your inner kitchen goddess :) next time, work without the cookie mix! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: supersara
– Cannot! You wanna know why? Cos there isn't a scale or a measuring cup in this entire house. -_-''' So... gotta do with the mix until I'm back home.

Very Zen-ing lah, baking actually. Haha. Now I see why you do it!. =p

Lissa said...

Mmmm... They look delicious! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Surprisingly... They are!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!