Saturday, July 17, 2010

Café Café At Subiaco

It's a great place to go for a sumptuous breakfast or lunch. (They're not open for dinner.) But since I made it out of the house past 11 today, I'm calling my meal brunch instead. Oh, but first things first:


Can you believe that this is
my first meal out since last Sunday??


Yeah, no kidding. Been staying in to catch up on work this past week. (This is so not becoming the holiday I dreamt I would be having. -_-''') So, I hereby officially declare today my very own Mogok-Giler-Confirm-Tak-Mau-Kerja Day. HAHA.


Oh wait, I just heard the washing machine stop.

-_-

It's finished its run and I've gotta throw in
another load and transfer the washed sheets
and mattress protector into the dryer. Brb.

.
.
.
.

*5 minutes later*

.
.
.
.

Ok, I'm back. Now, where was I?
Oh yes. Brunch at Café Café!


Café Café at Subiaco from the outside.


It's a really nice place that sits at a corner lot in Subiaco Square Shopping Centre. (I seriously dunno how they can call that area a shopping centre cos it looks nothing like a shopping centre to me.) It faces the Woolworths entrance and is situated right opposite the Subiaco train station. It has an alfresco dining area – as seen in picture above – and 2 levels of indoor dining areas. Trust me, that's actually VERY WOW considering Perth's humble standards. =p


Sounds good and fancy but I ended up
eating downstairs and indoors *snore* cos
there weren't any available outdoor tables left.

Boo hoo.

Oh, but the food?
That's a whole different story.


I was in need of happy food so I ordered Pancakes with Honey and Fresh Cream. It was SOOO GOOD! The pancakes were light and fluffy... AND GENEROUSLY SPRINKLED WITH ICING SUGAR! Look!




The other order on the table was also
pretty pleasing to the eye – The Breakfast Plate.




I didn't notice it at first but later, I realised that the yellow-top toast wasn't yellow cos it was covered in melted butter. (Which is good in itself, of course.) It was yellow cos it was topped with melted cheese! (Which is so much better than good!) Gah! I love cheese! =D


Nah, look again and lau nua.


Bacon, Cheese on Toast, 2 Eggs, Hash Browns and Tomatoes.


I can't tell you if it was all good cos I only had a taste of the Cheese Toast. But I do know that that was definitely good. Haha. Totally yummilicious.


My donated bite of cheese on toast.


But let's get back to my pretty Pancakes
with Honey and Fresh Cream.




Ahh, you see? So much more
girly-looking than the Breakfast Plate
that's just all brute and no finesse, right?


But... a meal's no good no matter how pretty it is if it's just got the looks but not the taste also, right? So, worry not cos aside from looking good, Café Café's pancakes were da bomb when it came to its taste, too! Throw together a cut of pancake, a sweep of honey, a dollop of fresh cream and you get...




...sweet sweet heaven in a mouthful.

*melts*

Here's proof of another good meal:
In just 12 minutes, I was on my last mouthful.
(Even with that bite of Cheesy Toast in between.)


Last bite.


And it was a good thing, too!
Cos that was when I ran out of fresh cream. =p


------------
Café Café
------------
Shop 20, Subiaco Square Shopping Centre
29, Station Street (Opposite Subiaco Train Station)
Subiaco 6008 WA
(08) 9388 9800

15 comments :

Lissa said...

I know how to make fluffy pancakes! *bounces*

陳一豪 said...

Oo ooo speaking of cheese here's another thing for you to try!

Get a couple kinds of cheese, preferably the pizza kinds (cheddar, mozarella etc) and have them grated.

Pile them into little mounds and then put in oven.

Tada cheesie cookies!

Who you there with btw? don't parry this question.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. HOWWW???


ATTN: 陳一豪
– Haha. Get online and we'll talk baking and boys. =p

Lissa said...

One of the tricks is to not whisk the batter till it's well-mixed. Gotta have lumps in it. I went on a pancake-making spree during exams. It was great. Even made some with dog food for Marzipan. :D

Lissa said...

I'll compose a whole list of things to tell you before we meet up. LOL.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Lumps!? Yuck! Doesn't sound very fluffy to me. Haha. Or yummy for that matter. =p

Ahh, but what do I know. You're the one who eats everything. Including dog food.

Yes, that list is a must! As is that meet up! =)

Lissa said...

Yeah, I know the lumps-in-batter sounds yucky, but trust me, it works wonders. *grins*

And I don't eat dog food! *le gasp* :-O Reuby does!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– WHAT!? Eeee... why he so disgusting wan!? But... urm... you kiss that mouth so... HAHAHA.

Lissa said...

...Thanks for reminding me. -.-

He's only tried the dry food once. You know, out of curiosity and all that. But health regulations state that dog and cat food must be edible for humans. LOL. So. He's not the only one? :P

Jasmine Yim said...

Hi Pam, stumbled upon your blog and found out that you are currently visiting Perth. I'm from Perth and I reckon the best breakfast is at Blue Duck @ Cottesloe (or some say 'The Pony Club' @ Mt Lawley). It'll be worthwhile making a trip to one of them. If you choose Blue Duck, you're literally eating brekkie beside the Indian Ocean.. The view's breathtaking (go on a clear day).

Enjoy your holidays here! Perth's beautiful :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Still... yuck? =p

So, urm... How did it taste?


ATTN: Jasmine
– Hi Jasmine! Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely try to visit them before I head back to Malaysia.

It says on your profile that you're a student. Are you from somewhere else then? Or are you a citizen of Australia? Haha. Sorry for the Qs but it's just exciting to "meet" someone from around here through my blog.

And I concur! Perth is beautiful!

Lissa said...

He said it was tasteless and dry. LOL.

Jasmine Yim said...

Haha, I USED to be a student. Should really update my profile! I came here from KL to study @ UWA (hope you have visited the most beautiful looking uni in Australia? haha..)

Got my PR and yes, I'm working here now.. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Poor dogs. Having to eat that every day. Reuby got off easy with just one tasteless taste. Haha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jasmine
- Haha. Do update it! =p

And UWA is without a doubt the best-looking uni in the area. Love your pond out front. The guy I'm seeing left Penang to study in UWA and ended up working here too. Your quality of life is so much better here. I worked in kl. Like a slave with bad hours and low wages. Bleh.

What industry are you in?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!