Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Had A Feeling

WHEN: Early morning.

WHAT: Phone rings.

WHERE: International.

WHO: A close friend who rarely ever rings from abroad for no reason, and never before in the morning, much less on a work day.

FIRST THOUGHT: ???


-------------


Me: *still groggy from sleep / confused / head terribly heavy from last night's events* Hello?

Her: Hey, how are you? Is everything okay?

Me: Urm... no, not really. *trying to get my brain to focus* Am on MC today.

Her: OMG, what happened??

Me: Well, I haven't been feeling very well for awhile. Then yesterday, my body finally gave up on me. I puked on my way home from work. Messed up my car and my shoes. Sigh.

Her: Which shoes?? (I just told her I'm not okay and she's asking me about ruined shoes. -_-')

Me: The ones I got from my last trip to Singapore. (And how is it that I wasn't surprised, nor offended at her question? Hmmm.) Hey, wait. How did you know I wasn't ok? (I haven't been blogging so nobody would have known anything except a handful of colleagues and my housemates.)

Her: I just had a feeling.

Me: *bursts into tears*


-------------


I love it when friends call.

*blows stuffed nose*

But I love it even more
when what prompted the call
was nothing but a feeling.

*sniffle*

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!