Just made it home after attending the Nuffnang Preview Screening of Mamma Mia! The Movie – a feel good movie that forces a hearty laugh every now and again. Not too shabby, I must say. Lame at bits but if close one eye, can lah. Boleh tahan.
Learned a couple of things today, though:
1. Sitting along the very first row in the cinema is a very, very, VERY s-t-u-p-i-d thing to do. Especially if you've already got a splitting headache.
2. Not all actors and actresses were born to be actors-CUM-singers. (Much to my surprise, Pierce Brosnan quite slack in the sing-song department.)
3. Even actors who were hot hot hot during their hey-days eventually turn fat and flabby... and not to mention very HAIRY, too! (Again, I'm referring to dear ol' ex-Bond, Mr Brosnan. *shakes head and sighs*)
4. Old aunties who prance around with thick make-up and half their boobs hanging out in low-cut tops scare me.
5. Overly-buffed male bods do not turn me on. In fact, the effect these coagulated chunks of muscle have on me is very much otherwise. *shiver* (I bet you half the guys in that scene are gay.)
6. We all want to know where (and from whom) we come from.
7. Weddings – whatever the culture, whatever the religion, whatever the style – are wunnerful.
8. Love. Never. Dies. Not even after 21 years of not seeing or hearing from the love of your life.
Okay, now I no owes you guys no movie post. Heh.
You know what, I need to get me some instant shut-eye right now. Got a full-on dose of super kau lam yan mei (English translation: Male BO) today and it's been hitting me hard in the head since the afternoon. *groan* It didn't help that the two Panadols I popped did nothing to ease the pain. Gotta crash to clear it outta my system before tomorrow comes, alrights. You guys be good. Ta!