Thursday, June 26, 2008

Something New This Way Comes

And it perfectly reflects the way I feel today.




Whipped it up in 5. Just a little while before leaving the office, actually. Spur of the moment thing. No thought put into it. Only emotion and gut feeling. And only because I'm no longer feeling very pretty-pink-butterfly-ish about life no more. I'm no longer pink, twirly-text Pam, guys. No, siree. That girl has been fooling herself.


I've been fooling myself.


Letting myself believe in things that are of no certainty to me whatsoever. Believing that things would just work out the way I was told they would. The way I had slowly begun to think they would, myself! How naive of me to think that. And how silly of me to believe so. Gosh. And to think that I had moments when I was even happy in my silliness!


Sigh.

That, my friends, was sheer stupidity on my part.


Well, no more, no more. It's time to wake up. Time to get back to real life. Time to realise that that darn clock isn't going to stop ticking on my account so I better start thinking things through, working them out and ironing out the creases before it's too late. And to be honest, I already think that Too Late is already too uncomfortably close by. And while I'm battling Time, it's pretty much clear to me that I ain't getting any younger.


It's time to realise that TIME. IS. SHORT.
No more silly little girl dreams.

16 comments :

sheon said...

tick tock.....

there's no where you can catch up with me pam.

time is given to us to make something useful outta it. so lets....

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sheon
– Exactly. Tick tock.

And it's different for guys lah, Sheon. When you guys tick tock, you get better with age. For girls, it's a ticking time bomb! No kidding. Everything revolves around the biological clock. You know you kinda have to achieve a certain amount before you get married. And then comes the part where you know you have to get married by a certain age so that the rest of your life is on track with the baby-grandchild thingy.

One slight mishap in timing and you'll find yourself pregnant only when you turn 40. Or... maybe not at all. Die alone. It's not so easy for girls okayyy. And now, every girl wants her career as well. So that kinda messes with the balance of things.

And not to mention how men are so insistent about achieving their own career dreams before settling down, so... you kinda have to date men 4 - 5 years older in order for YOUR life (as a girl) to fall into place with the ideal timing.

Sigh. Tick tock.

Anonymous said...

nice post...

Anonymous said...

God has HIS own timing in everything.....so patience la....

Pam Song said...

ATTN: $ Secret Money Blog $ by : Bob Matharoo
– Thanks.


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Sounds cliched to me. =p

But... it's easier said than done lah. My life is at a weird point right now. A lot of thinking to do. A lot of things to assess and to reassess. That's all.

Anonymous said...

me likes the new header

Anonymous said...

"A lot of thinking to do. A lot of things to assess and to reassess" .... good that means ur taking life to the next chapter rite?? not to say that it's easy ..take a butterfly .. it needs to shed off "caterpillar fat" to finally become a butterfly .. stay strong tinki :O)

Anonymous said...

hey ..the banner gives me a very mysterious feel ...hehehehe ..more like "what's on the other side" mystery thing ... excpet for the "time is running out" part ... hmmm come to think of it .. put in a few drops of red ... it's look like a poster for some thiller/horror movie hahahaha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Fluxevz
– Haha. Thanks! =)


ATTN: zecount
– Hmmm. It's good... and bad. And it's complicated. Haha. One wrong decision affects everything. Everything.

And the banner is such cos... well, I don't know what I want just yet. Am still assessing. Looking at parts and people in my life through the looking glass.

Red drops? Hah. Go figure. My life's a 24-hour horror movie anyways. -_-

David Cheong said...

Come, whip out a new header for me also XD

Nigel Sia said...

"Our time is running out
Our time is running out
You can't push it underground
You can't stop it screaming out

Our time is running out
Our time is running out
You can't push it underground
You can't stop it screaming out
How did it come to this?
Ooooohh"



Artist : Muse
Title : Time Is Running Out


=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: David Cheong
– Haha. What's in it for me?


ATTN: Nigelais
– Eh, dun la sing sing. Ppl serious ni!

Anonymous said...

things getting weird cos you are weird! Hahaha...

And your new banner looks like the catwoman is counting her time to strike....=P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– That's cos I FEEL weird!

And it's amazing how art translates the feelings and emotions of the artist, huh? I created the banner without much thought, actually. In less than 5 minutes. Just cos I felt like it. And now, you guys can actually SEE and INTERPRET the emotions I was feeling! Amazing.

-popjammerz- said...

haha yeah time is really running out..:( especially when we realised that we are all grown up!

yeah so, plan well use well and nv ever stop doing things u like!:)

nice header though- sophisticated!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: -popjammerz-
– Yeah, tell me about it. I feel old! =(

Thanks for the comment on my header. Haha. Sophisticated? Maybe. And very emo. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!