Friday, September 17, 2010

Baby Goes To The Doctor

Baby's been sick for awhile now. She's not been the same since that goof slammed into her side at the Rothmans Roundabout in PJ last year. And although I left her to the care of professionals for over a month right after, I think she never really recovered from the beating she took.


My reverse sensor stopped working after that accident but I never had the time to send it in again after Baby came back. (So mafan to leave car at workshop in KL lah. Leave then no transport manyak susah.) So, I've just been driving around with a crazed reverse sensor for almost a year. It either beeps non-stop or goes all feng tau on me. Over time, I learned to tune it out and rely on my eyes instead.


Then, other things began cropping up. Blown out speakers, torn floor mats and the like. Trivial stuff lah. Superficial. And definitely nothing major enough to warrant a proper medical. Until last weekend when my passenger seatbelt went bust. -_- Yep, they just keep on coming. Sigh. So in total, here's what needed looking into:


  • Torn floor mat on driver's side. Courtesy of ahli-ahli workshop.
  • Passenger tali pinggang rosak. Tarik keluar, tak boleh masuk balik.
  • Reverse sensor koyak. Main muzik macam disko. 
  • Speaker belakang dan depan pecah. Bass macam engin motorbot.


So today, into the hospital she went!


Baby being ripped apart by the workshop crew.


Surprisingly, repair work didn't take as long as I thought it would. Cos just 2 hours later, I got my baby back all nice and swanky with new speakers (front and back), a repaired safety belt, a patched up floor mat (they didn't have original so I decided not to get makeshift ones), and a working pair of reverse sensors. Now, all she needs is a good wash. =)

4 comments :

陳一豪 said...

Wahhh after reading that post I realised I didn't check back for replies.

What kind of connections were you lookign for at that time ar?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Haha. Not looking for connections anymore. Hahaha. We managed to claim his insurance. =p

And come to think of it, I didn't manage to reply all my comments at the time too. Haha. Should get to it. =p

RealGunners said...

how old is your baby huh? the power window ok anot?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
- My baby is 7! And I know why you asked! Hahaha. Proton always have power window problem wan. But surprisingly... my power window works fine! No problems. In fact, I never had a problem with my power windows. Central locking system? That's another story. ALWAYS got problem. -_-

Post a Comment

Talk to me!