Monday, February 12, 2007

Boat-sharing

Okay, here goes my first attempt at a Valentine's post. Haha.
(Note: This introductory line is of much importance.)



QUOTE: To say my fate is not tied to your fate is like saying,
"Your end of the boat is sinking."

– TV Host Hugh Sowns in My America



Yeah, preach it, brudder!

*sigh*

Understanding bo?

No?

*shakes head*


See, I knew I had to hint that this is a Valentine's post or else the boat-talk would have just so sunk to the bottom of the ocean along with whatever meaning I meant to give it, or deep insight I meant to add on to it. Right? Right? Just admit it. Aih. Next time think fast a bit can bo? Next time I no more helping you di. Next time own self think ya. Today special. Today I good mood. Got people make my day, so today you lucky a bit.


I have to admit that I just love Manglish.

Now, where was I?

Oh, yes.

The boat-talk with the You-Sink-I-Sink Concept.

Fantastic.


You see, when you're in a relationship, you're both in it together – in it for the ups, the downs, the good and the bad. You take it all… together. You put on a brave front when times are bad and you give shaky smiles and hold sweaty hands when the weather around you grows dark and stormy. You face the worst of times together – side by side and hand in hand. When one goes down, so does the other.


Hmmm. Doesn't make being with another sound like a very easy feat, does it? But, come on. We all want it anyways. We want to know what life is like around the river-bend. And as difficult as it is to carry the responsibility for having "your side of the boat", we each want A side. The best part is that we want someone on the OTHER side to make the boat ride worth the time and effort that come along with nasty sunburns and aching arms. Bah. We, humans, are relational creatures. We don't really want our own boats. Nope. Sure, we talk about it. But what we really want is to SHARE boats. And no, it's not cos it'll cause less congestion or reduce pollution.


*blink blink*


Okay. It's official. I'm lame.
I blame it on the 4 a.m. bug that's hit my brain.


So anyways, the fact of the matter is that when one goes down, so does the other. That's what differentiates and sets a partner apart from a friend anyways, right? That's what makes a girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband/spouse/partner who they are, right?


So what do you do?


You row and you paddle till the sun goes down and comes up again to get to where you're heading. To where you're BOTH heading. And if things aren't going so well for you, you scoop out water from that sinking boat like you've never scooped water before just to stay afloat.


You sink, I sink.
You sink, I sink.
You sink, I sink.


Darn it, my brain's sinking along with the sink sink talk.


Sigh.


But hey, it's not too bad an observation by a TV Host, no? I have to say, I was impressed! Whoever said those in the entertainment industry only had pretty faces but lacked brains sure got it wrong this time. Thumbs up for Mr Hugh Sowns. You rock.


So how was my attempt at a V-Day post? Personally, I don't think it was loved-up enough. I went too easy on the mush. I really shouldn't have. But then again, it's not very nice to raise hairs and send shivers up spines just 2 days before The Day, right? Yeah, I was being nice.


*blink blink*


Argh, who am I kiddin'?! I've always liked writing about Love & Relationships. Go look up my previous posts if you don't believe me. It was only after some comments by SOME people that I changed direction. Made my posts a little less lovey-dovey and reduced the mush level considerably. Kind and considerate to my readers, I am.


Be touched. It's a huge sacrifice on my part.


Boat


You sink, I sink.
You sink, I sink.
You sink, I sink.


No. Wait.
That can't be right.


You float, I float.
You float, I float.
You float, I float.


Yeah. That's better. =)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!