Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Perth, March '11: Day 3, Mission #2

The Fiancé's mom once told me – way before we flew down to Perth – that I shouldn't worry about not being able to find what I want for our wedding in Penang/KL, cos I could always hunt for bridal stuff down South when we head thataway. (The trip was planned a long time ago.)


I mean, I wasn't too keen on spending AUD while earning MYR. But after repeatedly going home empty handed from Penang and KL bridal houses, I figured... darn, I may just have to look beyond our shores and be prepared to spend 3x more than what I normally would. -_-


So, from the very first day since we landed in Perth, The Fiancé promised me that he'd bring me to this bridal shop I remember seeing near Harbour Town during my 3-month stay last year. One day. Well, that "one day" finally arrived on Day 3. After finishing up at 3 Mobile (and almost losing my left pointer finger in the process -_-''') we grabbed the car and headed over to Harbour Town.


And there it was...




...that grey building in the distance.
(I don't know why it looks blue in that picture. -_-''')


 Zoomed in for the benefit of those without bionic eyes.


 See? Told you the building was grey.


To be honest, I never read about this bridal house in any bridal magazines before. In fact, I've never even heard of Collezione Bridal Couture. But I figured I had nothing to lose since I was already there. Unfortunately... as it turns out... the stars were not aligned in my favour. They were closed!! T_T




Ugh. Of all the rotten luck. -_-'''

So, the lot of us ended up
walking around Harbour Town instead.




Needless to say, after so much anticipation that led to nothing more than a big, fat let-down, I was in dire need of a perk me up. (Read: Retail therapy.) So, I ended up buying a little black dress* at one of the outlets. (Pictures later.) Super cheap. $14.95 AUD nia. That's less than RM50 for a nice, dressy, but super comfortable dress, man! More importantly, it made me feel a million big-time-bucks better so it was totally worth it. =)


* I think I was psychologically playing the defiant child with myself. Since I couldn't get a poofy white dress, I ended up buying a little black dress. HAHA.


-----------------
Related Posts
----------------- 

7 comments :

Lissa said...

Did you manage to visit the bridal shop after all?

goingkookies said...

ahhh the joys of retail theraphy! =)

Hope you are able to find that 'perfect' dress... I know it might sound corny and what not, but trust God to somehow give it to you!

That's what I am trying to tell myself.. hehe.. about wedding planning =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– No. =(


ATTN: goingkookies
– Haha. I sure hope so, too! How's wedding planning coming along for you?

Farah said...

Hehe, luckily you managed to score the LBD ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Petite Cherie
- Haha. Indeed! Or else it would have been a totally wasted trip. *grin*

Lissa said...

Awww... =/ But yeah, at least you got an LBD.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Yeah, I suppose better than nothing lah. But... darn. Tick tock. -_-''

Post a Comment

Talk to me!