Thursday, March 17, 2011

Perth, March '11: Got Car, Can Travel

With Day 1 over and done with – and with a little fate-enforced after-dinner "exercise" under our belts to go with it – we decided to kick off Day 2 with a mission: GET. A. CAR. Unfortunately for us, it was as terrible a day as any to get a car at an open-aired John Hughes car lot. It was so freaking hot! Again! -_-'''


 Bright, bright Summer sun against a blue, blue cloudless sky.


Loved the rad car-sales messages on the windscreen.


 Reflection of the sky against a red Hyundai i30 2.0 (A)
through splotchy shadows cast by the trees above.


 Said trees that cast shadows on the car in the picture above.


I know I should have pulled out a little for that shot *points above* but... it was just too hot to do anymore walking around lah, to be honest. Two steps back is already two steps too much to take in this weather. I just wanted to pengsan on the asphalt and wake up when it's night. Or Autumn. -_-'''


You know, I really don't get how people can sunbathe in this weather. (Yes, I saw a half-naked, fully-mad man sunbathing along Riverside Drive. @_@) Must be they sunbathed from young until their brains all fried already so dunno how to think anymore. *snorts*


Wait a minute,
I think I keluar topik already.

*blink blink*

Shit, I memang keluar topik.
Better get back on track. 

*re-routing*


The thing about this holiday was that the company I was with is not very much into photography. Nobody camwhores or takes shots for kicks. Nobody's into capturing the moment or taking pictures. So... I decided to record the moment on my own. With a reflective office floor-to-ceiling window. -_-'''




I couldn't tell if there was anybody sitting in dear ol' Mr Cross' office right there but if there was, I'm sure they all had a field day laughing at me – the crazy Asian girl taking a picture of herself holding a polystyrene cup (they're not very eco-friendly apparently) in the hot, hot sun with a deep, deep frown stretched across her forehead. =p




Can't see my frown? Ok, I change the levels
and zoom in closer to show you.

 Tada-aaa!




 
Wah, so tak syok the sun, man,
my face! Hahaha.

Anyway, the process sped up a little more after that.
We got to take a ride around the area to test out the car.


 Testing out the car.


Don't be deceived, dear friends. That guy in the above picture looks like The Fiancé, sounds like The Fiancé, but is not The Fiancé. Malaysian politics 4eva! =p
 

After that came a lot of waiting. For calls to be made. For licenses to be photocopied. For papers to be signed. For visits to the banks. For money to exchange hands. For the car to be inspected. And cleaned. Then whipped to perfection one last time in every way possible before we grabbed the keys and ran out the front door drove out the gate.


 Waiting. I remember my leg skin itching at the time
from the hot and dry weather it took on earlier.


A good long wait, too much paperwork, kebab lunch in tummy and 3 cups of ice-cool water later, we were on our way! Driving along Mounts Bay Road and enjoying the sight of the Summer sun dancing across the Swan River on our left. All that from the inside of a gloriously air-conditioned ride with cushioned seats and lots of leg room to stretch, of course. =p



The view to our left from inside the car.


Ahh, this is the life...


-----------------
Related Posts
----------------- 

2 comments :

Jasmine Yim said...

Ohh, you guys were in Perth???

See that Perth has greeted you with its horrible summer weather.. Haha, well you survived! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jasmine
– Haha. Yeah! We went back to get some stuff earlier this month. So hot! I heard the weather's kinder now. Haha. Darn it. But yes! I survived! =D

Post a Comment

Talk to me!