Thursday, September 25, 2008

Of Frocks And Stuff

Spent an entire afternoon at a nearby 24-hour mart on my day off earlier this week just flipping through magazines. (Sad case, I know.) After I running out of celebrity goss magazines, I picked up a bridal mag and indulged my party-princess, happily-ever-after senses.


Flipped though hundreds and hundreds of pages filled with bouquets, wedding photography, trinket suggestions and gowns. Oh, those bridal gowns.


There were gowns of every shape, size, colour, style and texture. Saw loads of boring, nothing-to-shout-about ones. Some classic-cut, very-regular-looking ones. Then there were the unconventional and superbly overdone ones. The ok-ok-boleh-tahan ones. The if-I-ever-wear-that-please-kill-me ones. And – surprisingly – some pretty ones I actually bothered to take second looks at. (I have very specific preferences, therefore, that makes me an extremely difficult person to please in this respect.)


This one was the best of that latter lot.




Not perfect... but not too far off from it, I must say.


You know, I doubt I'll end up choosing to have my gown tailored. Money isn't the problem. (I don't believe in stinging on the most important gown I'll ever wear.) No, no. My problem is my lack of faith in tailors. Scary lah. What if my dress doesn't come out the way I envisioned it to be? What if the cloth looks better rolled up than it is on my frame? What if I thought the cut would flatter me but instead, I look like a walking beanpole?


So many what-ifs to consider and worry about!!!

No no, I won't risk it.


I've always been a buy-off-the-rack girl. I should definitely stick buying off the rack. Why mess with what works, right? It's not worth the risk. Especially not when it comes to such an important outfit, for such an important occasion. After all, there are so many local designers around who design wedding gowns, all with different styles and cuts for any woman and her body. It shouldn't be a problem.


Aiyah, if anything, SS2 is the Big Bang center of wedding gown boutiques lah! Don't tell me I won't find one I'll be happy with out of the many, many boutiques there are there.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

tat wedding dress is really SUI lah.....classy!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– I know! I like it, too. Haha. Simple, but not too simple. Conventional, but not boring.

Anonymous said...

i usually buy off the rack and then tailor it...

:D
works wonders!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: lomantik
– Hey, I do that, too!!! Hahaha. Like, always always. Stuff never fits right. Bleh. I think for you also considering you're so skinny. Haha.

Val said...

And the question is when is the wedding after all that wedding gown talk? ;)

Sunshine said...

yeah, buying off the racks are easier... i bought 3 wedding gowns already hahaha

Pam Song said...

ATTN: .val.
– Hahaha. Not anytime soon, dear! Haha. You go first. =p


ATTN: Sunshine
– Wah! How much did those three cost you?!

Sunshine said...

i got them from wedding gown sample sales, average rm600 per gown damn good deal!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!