Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Con-Me-Not

A friend tried to sell me her phone today.
[Note: Keyword here is "tried". Heh.]

Well, I didn't fall for it.

Hah!


*pats self on back*


I'm so proud of me.


Of course, it wasn't difficult considering the fact that I HAVE NO MONEY anyways. HAHA! She didn't know. The poor dear went on and on while I tore down her beloved Nokia 6280. But of course, in the right fashion, she put in her few good words and did the necessary promotional efforts to entice me.
  • 3G la.
  • Slide phone la.
  • 2-megapixel camera la.
  • MiniSD card support la.
  • Go check out website for more info la...

Wait wait. Say what? Website? OKAY!


*googles the Nokia 6280*


Image Hosting


Hmmm.
That's a very long list.



*read read read*

*scroll scroll scroll*


Hey! Wait-a-minute!
What the heck?


*zooms in*


What in the world is this?!





*scratches head*


Huh? Say what?

Hmmm.



Have I really been lagging that far behind in handphone technology? And come on. Isn't radio like… radio!? To be heard and listened to? Just audio, sound and all that?


Wei, dun bluff me la, Nokia.

Wait. I click.


*click*



Hmmm. I'm skeptical. Is this another one of Nokia's technological ploys to suck our hard-earned money from our already-small pockets? Lure us into talking to fictional characters designed to make us make more calls? Some new and advancing kind of we're-buddies-so-I-scratch-your-back-you-scratch-my-back thing they've got going on with Maxis, DiGi or Celcom maybe? Hmmm. Nothing's as innocent as it seems anymore. Ulterior Motive is the potion of the day. Makes one wonder, you know? Use Visual Radio and then start making calls, perhaps? Hmmm.


Me : Hello, Hitz. How have you been today?
Hitz : Oh, same as always. Blasting music. Talking crap. You?
Me : Well, turns out I have no life and no friends. That's why I'm talking to you. Heh.
Radio : Ahh, yes. The common gripe. Don't worry. Call The Befrienders Kuala Lumpur's 24-hour hotline at 03-7956 8144/5. Other than that, you'll always have me. Hugs.
Me : Thank you, Hitz. You're truly a good friend. Hugs back.


Bleh. Come on, man. Why would I want to interact with a radio station? Heck, I've got REAL friends, okay!? Friends who want to sell me handphones that they don't want! Hah!


*blink blink*


Well, good job, babe. Really.
But not good enough. =p


*snicker*


Don't worry, though. I'll advertise right here for you to make up for it all. And heck, I'm making an exception for you so you'd better be grateful for it cos I've never ever advertised for ANYONE on Tinki Talks. You're lucky #1.


--------------------------
ADVERTISING BREAK
--------------------------

If anyone's looking for a second-hand Nokia 6280 that's been given the good life thus far, do not hesitate to give me a call. It's even got this super-cool function called Visual Radio! *wink wink* It's real easy. All you've gotta do is give me a tinkle to alert me of your interest and I'll refer you to its current owner. And then you both can go ahead and split the commission you're about to give me for playing matchmaker.
(Noooo, did I just say that last line out loud?)

--------


Sigh.


My faithful Nokia 6100's the best la.
It's as loyal as loyal comes these days.
So what if I have no Visual Radio?
Cheh. I also dun need lar.


*pats self on back*


I'm still so proud of me.


--------


There's always someone there to listen.

- This public service message was brought to you by Tinki Talks. -

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!