Monday, November 05, 2007

30 Days Of Night

Yeah, the horror-thriller vampires-kill-for-kicks flick
that's showing in cinemas across Malaysia right now.




I watched it. And it didn't exactly meet my expectations. (Not that I was even expecting that much to begin with. Bleh.) My anticipation was greeted with a bucketful of cold lukewarm water. You know, I really expected more from a Josh Hartnett movie. Sigh. Even so, I learnt something from it so it wasn't a total waste of RM10.


I learnt that love thrives in the face of adversity.
(Heh. Didn't see that coming, did ya?)

. . .

I learnt that sometimes, women get silly and do silly things.
But the men who love them willingly die for them anyways.

. . .

I learnt that people in love celebrate sunrises and sunsets.
Everybody's watched one or the other some time or another.

. . .

I learnt that it's never too late to change things.

. . .

I learnt that you should always tell the person you love
how much you love them because you never know
when your last chance may pass you by.

. . .

I learnt that it isn't a logical mind or rationale that drives us
to make unimaginable sacrifices in the name of love. It's love.


Don't underestimate the learning power behind lame vamp movies. Everything experienced, everything seen and everything heard gives us the opportunity to understand and learn something from it. The possibilities are endless... and I am fantastic.

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

what does u being fantastic have anything to do with learning? and ultimately the movie??

Pam Song said...

It has everything to do with it. Everything. Fantasticism isn't to be ignored. It is to be celebrated. =p

Anonymous said...

this one ketara over stress already ... either that or she's been eating too much crab lately :)

Pam Song said...

Haha. Fine. I'd blame stress. Crabs are pretty things. Especially when they're red. =p

Anonymous said...

Aiseh! Shed some lights with only one vamp-movie. RM 10 is so well spent! Love with perseverance ya! =)

Pam Song said...

Haha. There's a chance to learn something from everything. It's just whether or not we look for that chance and grab it. =)

Anonymous said...

i want to be bitten.. and saved.. and rescued, and then brought to a nice fancy restaurant for gourmet cuisine before perishing into grains of ash and sand.

-damsel-

Pam Song said...

Gourmet cuisine!? Blood, you mean.

Who are you, Damsel? Do share.

Anonymous said...

Whoa!.....Well said Woman! That is just so true! Opportunites to learn are everywhere and
if the TIMING is correct and the WILL is there, we learn the most out of the situation.

Keep rolling! =)

Pam Song said...

Haha. Thanks. And yes, I'll keep rollin'. I feel like I've not been blogging regularly lately. Feeling like I need to start writing something intelligent soon. HAHA.

luxen said...

the moral of the lesson from this movie is:
If you someone steal your handphone and kill your dogs in a middle of nowhere town... run like hell until you reach sunrise.

Pam Song said...

Haha. I take it you've watched the movie. Sick lah. Sick sick sick. Especially the doggie part.

Satkuru said...

... and you learned all that from that movie ? interesting, i'll see if i can catch this movie by this weekend :P

Pam Song said...

Yes yes. I did. Sheer genius. *grin* Go watch lah. Not bad lah actually. Perhaps I was expecting too much. You tell me.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!