Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Playing House

All day Saturday and Sunday.

*beams*


I had a very busy weekend. A lot of running here and there, a lot of time spent waiting, and an even bigger lot of time went into doing hard work. *sweat* It ain't easy playing house. Not at all. But it felt really good to have kept house. Plus, it wasn't like it wasn't any fun at all. Haha. The company counts and in the end, I had a blast while slogging away like a pig in a mud puddle. You know, I bet I was way more productive than any of you last weekend. Be ashamed.


--------------


1. Send car for major service. CHECK! The words 'car maintenance' are synonymous with the name, 'Wallet Killer'. Always proceed with caution (and/or a credit card with a good limit). Nuff said.


2. De-weed the lawn. CHECK! Waaay too much work to be done with a puny, blunt scissors. Weeds grow too quickly. If I ever have a front lawn or a backyard in my home, I'll definitely hire a gardener. After my personal home landscape artist works his magic, of course.


3. Prune bougainvillea plant. CHECK! Stupid prick killed my fingers with its thick branches. That blunt scissors was a pathetic match. Totally. If I never write again, it's it's fault.





Darn it, my whole hand looks bengkak lah.
(It looks a lot worse today, actually. Yuck.)
I need a killer lawyer. I plan to sue a plant.


4. Sweep porch and clear driveway. CHECK! Autumn finally left my driveway. No more ugly, brown, crinkled, dry leaves to line the entrance to my home (for the time being). Wheee! So clean! I like!


5. Clear empty shoe boxes. CHECK! I never knew I had that many empty shoe boxes. Why are they empty in the first place, anyways!? What happened to those shoes!? (That's pretty pathetic, actually. I'd rather have shoes with no boxes than boxes with missing shoes.)


6. Dispose of old, worn-out shoes. CHECK! I'm sorry but it's time's up, you guys. You perfected an outfit or two but your run is over. It was good while it lasted – I'll give you that. Haha. I threw a sneaker away, two slip-ons and two sandal-ish heels. (Hmmm. Maybe some of these shoes contributed to the mysterious pile of empty boxes.)


7. Rearrange shoes on rack. CHECK! Easy peasy lemon squeezy. So much so, it was done in a jiffy! (So lame lah me.)


8. Empty all bins and throw out the trash. CHECK! *cheekily* Tell you a secret if you promise not to tell the people it's about, about me telling you the secret. (Whoa.) *whispers* There was so much trash we had to get rid off that the rubbish bin at home just couldn't take anymore. So... *evil glint in eye* ...we kinda moved on to the neighbour's bin just next door. HAHA. Shhh! And when that filled up, we settled on walking across the street to one of those killer MPSJ dump sites. Quite terrer-menerrer, right? *grin*


9. Change blown bulbs. CHECK! Almost a hundred Ringgit worth of bulbs wei. And trust me, that's a lot of bulbs. Like, A LOT. Don't play play. Heh. When it comes to lighting, you can be sure that I always mean serious business.




Is it wrong that I get all tingly inside when I look at these ping pong bulbs? (I promise you, that's what they're called.) I love it lah. It stirs up the pretty butterflies in my tummy and leaves it a little fuzzy.


10. Change tungsten lights to fluorescent. CHECK! It's better for reading. But so odd. Now I'm lovesick for tungsten. How? Sigh. Plus, fluorescent brings out the worst things – inch-thick dust, hair balls, water stains, and... well, dust again. I so need to give my room a good sweeping and a thorough mopping. Aarrrggghhh! That means more work! Die. Next weekend lah.


11. Play with WD-40 Lube everything that squeaks. CHECK! Car door, room door, toilet door, padlocks, gate rollers, gate wheels, gate rollers, gate machinery, gate rollers, gate rollers, gate rollers... Yes, I got carried away. I felt like Super Woman lah, I tell you. So power! Haha. Plus, it was heaps of fun spraying everything with invisi lube and not having to worry that it'd stain anything. Close eye also can spray. Haha! =p Wildly exhilarating in some ways.


12. Make electric gate work. CHECK! Finally! It's finally stopped bouncing! Like, finally! WD-40 is a miracle lubricant lah, I tell you. No fight. I swear by this technological marvel. It works on ANYTHING! If there's one single household tool you need to equip your house with, it's WD-40. It's da bomb.


--------------


A dozen things to do in just 48 hours, AND I DID IT... *beams* ...with a little biddy-bit of help. Haha. But on a whole, it was fun. Don't forget: many hands make work light; four hands make work fun.


*happy*


--------------




Go out and get your own can of WD-40 today!

8 comments :

Anonymouses said...

Your Welcome

Pam Song said...

Thank YOU! =)

Anonymous said...

Easy-peasy simple-pimple! Haha that's what I read in a book =D. It's cuter than yours =P!

Pam Song said...

HEY!

*chants* Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. *deep breath* Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter.

And pimple? Yuck. Nuff said.

Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter. Mine cuter.

- l e s l e y* - said...

Hahaha..

Hard to believe you're 23 years old =P.

Pam Song said...

Ahh, yes.

Learn from me and you will have a long and happy life. =)

- l e s l e y* - said...

*Ehem* Not to mention a very child-like personality ;D.

Pam Song said...

Ahh, yes yes. That too. Let's not forget that very important detail. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!