Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Steakified

Last weekend, The Husband and I, along with the rest of his family as per our weekend usual, went to The Ship along Sri Bahari Road for dinner. When it comes to Western food, I'm usually a boring, ol' Fish & Chips girl. But after tasting the tender beef of Hippo Creek African Grill, Sorrento, my life was changed forever and I became a Tenderloin Steak woman. RAWR!


*blink blink*

So I ordered the sizzling tenderloin steak.
And take my word for it, it was a-w-e-s-o-m-e.


Probably a little less awemazing than the one I hard at Hippo Creek in Perth, oh, and also a little less tasty than the one I enjoyed at Deluxcious during Dee's birthday this October, but still... very, very good by local standards. Definitely a lot better than the one I vaguely remember having at their Batu Ferringhi outlet a couple of years (or more than a couple of years) ago.


After dinner, all was well and good in the world. I went home feeling stuffed, and later, I went to bed a happy girl. Until I woke up the day after. And the day after that. And the day after the day after that. Every day was terrible and every next day was worse than the day before! I just couldn't stop thinking of steak! I wanted my meat! My beef! My well done, sizzling tenderlion on a hot plate! Gahhh!


Last night, I tried to cajole my parents into going to The Ship for dinner. Unfortunately, Mee had some church meeting she had to attend so a fancy dinner in town was out of the question. Le sigh. But tonight... ahh, tonight... I shall try again! AND I WILL NEVER GIVE UP! NOT UNTIL I GET MY STEAK! I AM WOMAN (on a crazy I-need-steak mission), HEAR ME RAWR!

7 comments :

infinitium said...

the girl's craving for blood. just in time for that final Twilight movie...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Urm... well done lah. No blood. Hahaha. And eyerrr... I dun like Twilight. Can't stand the actors. Blergh. Vampire Diaries FTW!

Zhen Ying said...

Somebody's turned into a meatasaurus. Try medium next time. There's no blood oozing out at all. The meat is moist and more flavoursome.

Lissa said...

I love steak! <3

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– I HAVE! I HAVE! Yums! And yuck. No medium for me, thanks. I don't even like the pink juice that seeps out. Blergh.


ATTN: Lissa
– I've learnt to love (only) tenderloin steak! =D

Zhen Ying said...

You're eating steak the wrong way, my girl. Medium's the best to keep in all the flavour of the meat. Well done, macam eating soggy cardboard. Although still juicy, the meat has lost its flavour. Have you tried it medium before?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zhen Ying
– NnnnnOOOOooOooOooOoooOOOooo!!! A good chef does Well Done and keeps all the good juice and flavour in. Nothing cardboardy about it. =p I don't like the iron-y flavour when the steak's Medium. And I get totally grossed out with the red stuff that comes dripping out. Yuck.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!