Friday, November 11, 2011

The Baby-Less Dilemma

I saw a Kate Spade baby bag on Reebonz a couple of months back and wished I had a baby to buy and use it for. But I was married without a baby then so the baby-bag plan died real quick. Thankfully, Reebonz pulled it off the site in just a couple of days so that effectively dulled my unhealthy lust for a bag I didn't need.


Until today.


Cos, guess what? That bag's back on the site! And with a bigger, more enticing discount in tow than they had before, too! Aaarrrggghhh! Noooo! I wantttt!!! T_T


The Kate Spade baby bag that has me itching to breed.

-------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT INFO & ADDITIONAL FEATURES
-------------------------------------------------
Secure your style status with Kate Spade Basic Nylon Large Baby Messenger Bag. Carry around all you need for day while making a seriously chic sartorial statement.

EXTERIOR: Nylon messenger bag with patent leather trimmings, 1 signature designer leather logo embossed at the front, single adjustable shoulder strap, magnetic snap flap on closure and 1 multifunctional slot at the back.

INTERIOR: Nylon lining with 1 roomy compartment, 1 zipper compartment, 2 multifunctional patch compartments, 2 bottle pockets, 1 over sized baby changing pad and 1 stitched-on signature patent leather logo label.

COLOUR: Black (Designer Color)

MATERIAL: Nylon, Patent Leather

APPROXIMATE MEASUREMENT: Length 40cm; Height 32cm; Width 15cm; Adjustable Shoulder Drop to the Max 74cm

And this is what it looks like from all angles:




I realise that it's nowhere near posh or fancy like a luxury handbag, branded purse or dinner clutch but, hey, it's a BABY bag. I think those things are meant to be soiled, and therefore, should be made to weather even the worst of baby boo-boos. Lightweight, simple, practical, and most importantly, easy to wash is all there is to the baby bag equation. And I know I don't need it right now but my brain keeps telling me otherwise.

"Hey, did you know that baby bags also work well as travel bags? Aside from being made to carry baby bottles, milk powder and nappies, they carry adult clothing, toiletries and a water tumblers well, too! If you keep up your travel spree, just imagine how much use it'll get!"

"Pam, you know you'll use it someday. Maybe not today; maybe not tomorrow; maybe not this year; but SOMEday, right?? So why not just buy it now?"

"It's so you. Who says you need to use it for babies or holidays. Just use it daily! I think it makes a pretty good work bag, too! Laptop slot – check! Charger compartment – check! Tumbler pocket – check!"

See?? My brain keeps coming up with reasons as to why I should just toss caution to the wind (and money out of my credit card and into the Reebonz account -_-''') by clicking "ADD TO BAG" followed by "CHECK OUT". Bah. Can I just have a baby bag without a baby? Can I? Can I?? :-/

6 comments :

IRONWOOD GUITAR EXPERIENCE said...

Just get it! Use it as a shopping/travel bag till you pop a baby out la :)

IRONWOOD GUITAR EXPERIENCE said...

Whoops, it's me Charmaine in case you wonder who this Ironwood Guitar Experience fella is :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: IRONWOOD GUITAR EXPERIENCE
– Haha. I knew it was you. =p And waaaa... you're bad influence! Hahaha. I dunno lah. Should I? It's cheaper than usual but still not cheap. T_T

Lissa said...

Buy only la. Dun regret later on. :P

Melsong said...

Hey that was me talking to you! I was thinking of all those reasons and then I read them.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. You lend me money? No regret. =p


ATTN: Melsong
– Great minds think alike. Haha. But wah! You also trying to psycho me??? Come ask me in person how much it costs! Hahaha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!