Saturday, September 18, 2010

No More Brown, Only White

My repaint-the-wardrobe project started on the last day of last month. But it sure feels more than just the 2-and-a-half weeks it took to come to completion. To tell you the truth, it was a LOT more work than I expected it to be. Painting is tedious work, I tell you! And it's messy work, too! (Yes, I still have paint in my hair. -_-)


But you know what? I believe my timing and workload expectations would have been met more accurately if we had just painted the fitted parts, and kept to my spray-paint plan for the built-in floor to ceiling wardrobe doors instead of going at them with a 2-inch wide brush. 1 afternoon + 2 cans of white paint = kautim!


But nooo... Cannooottt...

*stares pointedly at Dee*

(The brush + paint was Dee's idea.)

*raises one eyebrow*

*cough cough*


Having said that, I know that I also couldn't possibly have done as "good" a job without his help. =) Why? Cos I seriously suck at painting lor. HAHA. Like, totally. (I'm a sprayer, not a painter. =p) I'm fine with flat surfaces. It's the wood panels on the front of the doors that are just impossibly difficult to manage, terribly back-breaking, and also most time consuming. -_-'''


*distracted by a sudden thought*

Sorry but I just keep thinking of how quickly
we could have finished the job if we'd had just sprayed it!!

T_T

But fine. I'll let that matter go. For now.

Cos what matters is this:
Last night, the top doors finally went back up. =D




But as you can see, the doors on the bottom right haven't yet been offered the same fate. Haha. And it's not because the wardrobe hasn't been fully painted. Cos it has. This job's over and done with. (Thank heavens. -_-) It's just that I need to rearrange some things and move some shelves around before those doors get to move back into my room and take up their rightful places.


But for now, this is good.




White. Just the way I like it. =)

2 comments :

陳一豪 said...

Spraying is awesome but unfortunately the paint is typically of lower quality.

Also, end results is largely dependant on paint quality, paint texture and can-age.

I'd go for the brush anytime even though I'm an awesome sprayer (ooo)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– I don't mind lower quality a bit if it's FAST. And MESS FREE. Haha. Cos with the current mess, it sure as hell looks low quality liao. Hahaha. Painting - FAIL!

If you're a brush man, next time come paint for me lah. I belanja you kopi. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!