Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Getting Down And Dirty

Today, on my very first day at work, during my very first meeting with my very first client, I was taken to what seemed like the middle of nowhere, for an on-site visit. Where I had to walk on very, very, VERY muddy ground.
 
Yes, those are mud smears on my pants.


Just so you know, that picture doesn't even come close to showing you how muddy it was there. (Rainy weather didn't help.) This is obviously the LEAST muddy bit considering I was standing there long enough to take pictures. At the very bad bits of the site, if you stand long enough, you actually start sinking. No kidding.


Needless to say, however little or a lot of mud there was
at whichever part, the walk effectively ruined my
never-worn-before Nine West-inspired satin pumps.

T_T




Sigh. So much for a no-mess-no-stress first day.


Anyway... *game face ON!* ...I trudged around the site for another hour or so in my mud-soaked pumps till it was time to go back to the office. Got back into the car and – as you'll soon see – I'm proud to say that I successfully made a royal mess of things in there, too. TADAAA! =D




Haha.


But I'd already pre-paid my dues lah, of course. Cos I almost fainted when I actually had time to stop and assess the damage. This experience proves that Life sure has a sense of humour and what you do always comes back atcha cos... look!


Taken in the car on the way back to the office.


Also taken on the way back to the office.


Right pump.


Left pump.


Gone lah, gone. All gone. T_T


And there I was, thinking I was being smart by picking flatties this morning when I knew I'd be doing some site walking. Unfortunately, that still wasn't smart enough. Sigh. Gotta learn from this experience and remember that next time, NO diamante detailing, NO frilly flowers, and definitely NO SATIN SHOES!


But... yep. That's how they do work up North.
And if you ain't got yer shoes dirrrty, you ain't done no work.
(I think I've found the perfect reason to shop for more shoes. =D)

6 comments :

RealGunners said...

eh you drive what car one ah? i spotted a car with the plate number PAM 8888 the other day...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– HAHAHA. Well, did you see me behind the wheel? Cos if you didn't then it's most probably not my car. Haha.

PAM 8888. I wish lah...

Jeffro said...

*puts up a gay fashion police* *snaps fingers, snaps and snaps again* Girl, that ain't no way to treat 'em shoes like that! *puts up a pose and stares at you*

*Rolls eyes* Mmmm mmm.. You'd know better than to walk around with those pumps, IN THOSE MUDDY places! Look at the damage *drama* Oh heartaches... Somebody get me a doctor pls!

=P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahaha. Gay fashion police. You know what? I can totally see you being that way. =p

Jeffro said...

(=.=") Ohhhkaaayy, that backfired on me.. *smacks own forehead*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahaha. That's what happens when you talk nonsense with Pam Song. *GRIN*

Post a Comment

Talk to me!