Saturday, July 25, 2009

This Friday's Losses

  1. Back-right window
  2. 2 lilies
  3. Favourite, super-slim lappie bag *sniff*
  4. MacBook
  5. Half a MacBook charger
  6. 350GB harddisk
  7. Samsung Omnia USB cable
  8. Printed copy of upcoming flight details
  9. HSBC credit card statement
  10. This weekend's to-do JRs
  11. 1.5 year's worth of work
  12. Countless copysheets and Word documents
  13. Resume and Portfolio
  14. 100GB worth of music
  15. 220GB worth of sitcoms and movies
  16. Hundreds of thousands of pictures (including those I took while I was away on holiday in Surabaya *sighs*)

I have everything backed-up on a 350GB external harddisk. Just to make sure I don't end up losing my stuff in the event of a crash. Too bad I didn't foresee having my comp stolen ALONG WITH that 350GB back-up harddisk. -_-

13 comments :

yapthomas said...

OH NO!
*sniffs*
Surabaya "camwhore" pictures!!!

Val said...

poor pet. did u left those stuff in ur car?

Melvin said...

Have you done the necessary? Police report? Cancel your cards?

The Author said...

Wooot?? Theft?? Omg, are you okay???
I think you need a travers report, which is really mafan =x

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
- Ya lorrrrr. ='(


ATTN: .val.
- Yeah I did. Everything was in my comp bag.


ATTN: Mel0dramatic
- Yup. But there's no need to cancel cards.


ATTN: Jan
- What's a travers report??

Louis said...

i feel for u girl. it almost feel like the whole world collapsed. take care and God bless!

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear that....Dont feel too bad about it...Look forward lady....

The Author said...

I am not sure why is it called travers report, but it seems that you are supposed to go to a police station at brickfields and lodge the report and they will pass you for an interview by an officer that will ask you a hellota details and say that they will try to get your belongings back..

i think it is much of a mess though,normal police station does not accept report of robbery theft etc, and they will make you go to the travers police station.

At least that was what happened to me the last time i got robbed

§pinzer said...

oh no... well, look forward as they say, not backwards. glad to see ur not (at least publicly) that emo about it

*hugs*

ps- this is so not Bond-ish like.

choco said...

oh dear. :|

Jeffro said...

*hugs*

THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF GOODS LOST!
O_O hopefully you're doing alright ya.. Well I guess much words wouldn't do you well at the moment..

*hugs*

kennysia said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Hardware can always be replaced, but it's hard to do so with photos and memories. It's crazy how much stuff we store on our computer these days. I had very old photos, including photos of my dad's funeral backed up on an external hard disk. I thought they were safe, until that hard disk got corrupted.

Anyway, there's something called online backup which I use nowadays - they upload your files onto the internet and store it there forever. I use mozy.com, but there are hundreds of alternatives out there.

DelvC said...

My LAPTOP and my CAMERA and my WACOM!! all gone in one night too! all my 4 years of sweat and tears work ..all inside!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!