Thursday, July 23, 2009

Discontentment

You know how some days just feel like they simply refuse to go the way you want them to? Like all that's supposed to be right is wrong? Like you're at war with the world and you have no inkling why? Well, I'm there. And this seat I've plonked myself onto, I believe, is called Discontentment with a capital D.


Sigh.


I want so much more than what I have. And I'm not ashamed to say it. Problem is, the more that I want is... difficult to possess, to say the least. It doesn't come with wealth and is most certainly not found in the material things that Life brings. These trivial (but sometimes necessary) things are attainable over time with sufficient effort on my part (as well as a little bit of good fortune and lots of favour from The Man Himself). These I can handle.


But the things my heart long for are intangible.
Like Happiness. Or Contentment, for instance.


I think I'm running around in circles now. I am, aren't I? Sigh. I guess that's the biggest problem right now. I know what I want and I know where I want to be. I just don't know how to get there. All I know is that this place I'm at isn't exactly where I want to be.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!