Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Ultimate Aston Martin

"The fastest road car in the history of Aston Martin. A car that fuses hand-crafted tradition with the highest calibre of automotive technology. Appropriately it is our flagship car – the Vanquish S – the ultimate Aston Martin."

– Dr Ulrich Bez, Chief Executive Officer, Aston Martin




I salivated all over my MacBook at the sound of my own voice reading those beautiful words aloud. Indeed, the Aston Martin is my dream car. But for now, that dream lies deeply embedded within that sexy individually-hand-built body of the Vanquish S.




Will. You. Just. Take. A. Look. At. That.
Drop. Dead. Gorgeous. Collection. Of. Metal.




I can't breathe.




Innit simply crazy beautiful!? Goodness!




I can't seem to keep my emotions in check!




Style, power, elegance and beauty magically crafted into one machine that's unlike any other. This is British craftsmanship at it's height, for sure. If you didn't know, the Vanquish S uses the most powerful version ever of Aston Martin’s highly acclaimed 6.0-litre V12. WOW-ZZZA! It's renowned to be one of the finest engines in the world. And mind you, I'm not exaggerating in any way. But come on, with a maximum power of 520 bhp (388 kW) at 7000 rpm, and maximum torque of 425 lb ft (577 Nm) at 5800 rpm, it's no wonder. This makes the Vanquish S the fastest road-going Aston Martin EVER.




It bashfully boasts (really, it's not a loud nor pompous car) a top speed of more than 200 mph (321 km/h), and the 0-62 mph (100 km/h) dash is accomplished in a mere 4.8 seconds. I haven't been in such a speedster (yet) but it all already sounds so marvelously insane. Even the 0-100 mph (160 km/h) takes just 9.8 seconds. Mmm, wonderful. But that isn't all there is to this particular Aston Martin. Nope, its mid-range acceleration is said to be truly sensational – 50-70 mph (80-112 km/h) takes only 6.5 seconds in sixth gear. Sigh. Such scandalous thrills just keeps those tingles running up my spine from my online read to the scripting of this post.




Heck, this baby even changes gear in approximately 250 milliseconds when in six-speed manual transmission mode. Takes the words "in the blink of an eye" to a whole new level, doesn't it? Blink, blink, blink! Absolutely fabulous, innit!?




An unbelievable amount of work goes into the birth of each Aston Martin but I'm particularly interested in this one so it's all I'm gonna be talking about. It all begins in a special bonding jig housed in a temperature and humidity controlled environment... and six weeks, 396 man hours, and eight hides of leather later, a Vanquish S rolls out of its cabin and into the loving arms of its rightful owner.


Thinking I'm going slightly overboard with the praises?
Just you read the specs before you judge me and this machine.




To. Die. For.




But truly, the Aston Martin is not a car to be enjoyed for its external beauty alone. It is built to be driven with soul. Nobody should ever be born ill-fated enough to see but never own one of these babies. Worse if all you can afford to have are web images of these masterpieces. (I'm unbelievably pathetic to even be talking about this right now, I know.) Realistically speaking, though. How many of us will ever be able to afford one of these beauties?




As you can see, I did the math. Currently, I've got RM46.98 that's officially been classified as "Pam's Life Savings" stashed safely in the bank. The most basic of the Vanquish S costs RM1,232,480.79... so technically, if I save this same amount every month for ever and ever and ever, I'll finally be able to customise my very own Aston Martin when I'm 2209 years and 2 months old. And that's if I pay in CASH. Based on what I can afford to pay up for my Aston's down payment (which happens to be nothing right now), I'll probably be paying RM20,000 on interest alone every year if I head straight for a 9-year loan. Ouch, I know. Having said that, I'd be paying a total sum of RM1,412,480 and leaving zero inheritance to my children and my children's children and their children's children.


Sigh.


*please click on image for larger view*


With your help, eh?

*hint hint*

Perhaps one day.

*wink*



17 comments :

Anonymous said...

yup exactly.. i am worst off than you... keke

Aston Martin... perfection.

*drools*

Thanks for inspiring me to save up RM1.2mil, PammiE!

Pam Song said...

Haha. So nice, hor? I'm in love. Sigh. Perfection, indeed.

You saving up RM1.2mil for my car? Awww. How sweet of you!

Pam Song said...

*grin*

Anonymous said...

Have you look at the Porshe 911 Turbo specs? With the price of US $ 126,200.00 (that is about roughly Rm 500K)....

I like these specs:-
480 hp @ 6,000 rpm
0-60 mph: 3.7 sec(even better than AstonM)
Top Track Speed: 193 mph (a little bit lower than AstonM)
Displacement: 3.6 liters! (Aston= 6 liters)

Hahaha! I can laugh at the Aston Martin liao; 6 liters engine can loose in acceleration to 3.6 liters Porshe. The only winning point of AstonM is the max speed (200mph) lol...but price wise...Porshe rocks!

DelvC said...

if u talk about he look and design, not bad lah .if u talk about speed ...no point buying a car and get stuck at federal highway.
if u want ..get Hummer H2 lah. then no guys dare to kacau you.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Haha. Look at it? I saw it race in real life! Haha. Just two weeks ago. That was terror, man.

But it's not just about the specs lah. It's about the build, the make, the crafting. Anyone can get a Turbo. It's MACHINE made. Aston's are HAND crafted. Now, THAT's worth a lot of money.

And it's not just about the pick-up. There are so many other aspects to consider. Can you customise your Turbo straight from the cabin? No. Does one man dedicate himself to making your car the way it is? No. It's all this that you're investing in. You can't put a price tag on power, art, style and beauty.


ATTN: DelvC
– Haha. You're so straight lah! Haha. If I get a car like this, I won't even be here to get stuck in a jam on Federal Highway, okay. I'd be cruising along on better, clearer, smoother highways. =p

Eh, Aston, okay. No Hummer Hummer. No pass.

vincent said...

seriously...this is your best post ever! =P

Pam Song said...

Haha. Thank you thank you. Coming from a car fanatic like you, that means a lot. Woo hoo! And now, I see you're not just a fan of car modification, you're also a fan of legendary cars. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Engine is the heart of the car and the rest are just dressings. If the heart is not good enough as claimed then many will not even look at it....The performances only outshine when the car has the right heart....So Porsche still gets my vote!

For example, in a relationship....if a man does not worth of his heart to you, will you lay yours on his hand?
hahaha...must put in this way then you can understand better. =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Yeah, but the heart is still good. What you don't like about it is the PRICE. Very different leh. You cannot equate high price to a bad engine. Likewise, you cannot equate a poor man to a bad heart.

The Aston still gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

yah! Sure I dont like the price..who does?! And worst still it does not even worth that price compatively to a Porsche.

Pam's formula:-
High price != bad engine
Poor man != bad man

Adrian's formula:-
High price = pocket kosong; jalan sombong!
Poor man = pocket kosong; jalan humble!


hahaha =))*grin*

DelvC said...

a good car need a good driver ...
or else it will just last few months both peson and car with that kind of speed ...hahaha!!
kidding lah

u know ah ..car here very cacat one ..not nice ..those american car.so far i only like Hummer H2 and Ford Mustang (Muscle car man. cantik)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Eh eh eh! So worth it, okay!!! But... I'm so not getting your formulas, man.


ATTN: DelvC
– Haha. Wait till my next post (or next next next post), man. I saw three speedsters race. Superb! Why you like so tough cars wan? Not sleek at all.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....that is the riddles for you to solve. Think this way; what happens if the price is too high and the dummy bought it? catch the ball?

And whoa! You caught 3 Porsche racing on the highway? Got pictures? Eh..eh..can show us har?

Pam Song said...

Haha. No, I didn't say that the price is too high. YOU said the price was too high. I said you can't put a price tag on such majestic machines. And anyway, there's no price tag on happiness either. Haha.

Got pics. I'm blogging it next. Wait.

Anonymous said...

Whoa...you manyak duit har? Rm 1.2 mil is not high?! eh...wake up woman! Still dreaming lol.....hahaha =P

If I have the $$, I rather buy a banglo.....not only one but many souls will be happy... value for money...=)

Pam Song said...

No lah, this is where EXCESS money goes. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!