Wednesday, November 03, 2010

THE Shoe

Remember how I fell in love with those pretty peep-toed, crystal-butterfly-embellished heels from Aruna Seth? Well, I've decided to fall out of love with them. Not cos I'm fickle or indecisive. But mainly cos as much as I know it'd be a-w-e-s-o-m-e to own a pair, I also happen to think that spending RM2,400 on a pair of shoes is totally and utterly ridiculous.


To be honest, I don't remember ever spending more than RM100 on a pair of heels. (Sports shoes not included.) And even if I happen to suddenly get slapped with some kind of weird shoe amnesia and ever did spend more in some weird pocket of my past I don't remember, I'm 100% sure that pair didn't cost more than RM200 RM150. GUA-RAN-TEE. I just know I wouldn't be okay with spending that much money on – oh, it pains me to say this – just. heels. -_-'''


So anyway... back to the topic at hand – wedding shoes!


I shopped around one day after work last week – a little half-heartedly, I must admit – and, by some miracle, walked into a shop and stopped short cos I saw what I think may be THE pair. Yep, I think I saw THAT shoe. The very pair that's going to float me down the aisle and keep me on my feet when I say, "I do." Haha.


So I bought it. =p




It's pretty high, but also surprisingly pretty comfortable. It's also fancy enough for a bridal shoe, but not overly so. (Yes, I made sure it was a pair that would still be wearable after the Big Day comes and goes.) And... although it stands to be my most expensive shoe purchase yet, it definitely didn't cost anywhere even remotely near RM2,400. HAH! Take that, Aruna Seth!


Oh, and urm... one more thing. If by some even greater miracle I eventually find another "THE shoe" – you never know with these things *shifty eyes* – at least this one also goes well with the latest gown I ordered. So, I'm sure my investment won't go to waste cos I'll still be wearing it anyways. Yay!


NOTE TO SELF: Because your memory officially sucks max, this insightful goldmine of a "shoe shot" post shall be kept here for future reference.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!