Monday, November 08, 2010

Night Out With The Not-So-Youthful-Anymore Youth

One night last week, a bunch of "youth" from my church and I went out for what was supposed to be "dinner and soup". (Technically, we're no longer in the youth group. Or at least some of us shouldn't be, since we're all in our mid-20s. HAHA.) Think the plan worked out well (for once) but what we did fail to plan for was the little in-betweens that came before and after "dinner" and "soup". Hahaha.


Now, I shall let the pictures do the talking.
(Timestamps included for added shock-value. =p) 


--------------------
MAKAN STOP #1
--------------------
TIME: 7:30PM – 8:30PM
MEAL: "Sweet" Wan Than Mee
PLACE: Off Lebuh Chulia (THAT. IS. SO. NOT. LOVE. LANE, MR. NICHOLES. ONG! Stop giving wrong lorong names and insisting you're right! =p)




--------------------
MAKAN STOP #2
--------------------
TIME: 8:30PM – 9:15PM
MEAL: Not-so-great Panggang Sting Ray and super-awesome Panggang Cockles
PLACE: Esplanade Food Court (Chinese Side)




--------------------
MAKAN STOP #3
--------------------
TIME: 9:15PM – 10:00PM
MEAL: Too-hot-for-someone Sup Kambing with Roti Bengali
PLACE: Penang Road (Opposite Hotel Malaysia)




We were talking so much here that I actually forgot to take a picture of our leftovers before they started clearing up. Haha. That's why what you're seeing is a picture of stacked bowls and cups in the mamak man's hands. Thing is, after I took that picture, one of the dudes working there asked me, "Eh, you ambik ini tada ambik kita ah?" Hahaha. So... ok lah.




5 minutes of fame for these two. =p


--------------------
MAKAN STOP #4
--------------------
TIME: 10:00PM – 11:00PM
MEAL: Hot French Fries and Cold Sundaes
PLACE: McDonald's, Sunrise Tower




Since we're all old-ER now, we decided that 11PM was as late as our ageing bodies could take. Haha. But 4 meals in the span of 3.5 hours? Not too bad by Penang standards, I suppose. =p Funny thing was that the girls were the ones who were big on the food hunt while it was the boys who complained non-stop (no kidding – kana chabo, man – beh tahan -_-) about their increasing weights, "b" and "B" shapes (inside joke =p), and growing pant sizes.


But it's true lah.

I think among the 5 of us there, it really is
the BOYS who need to start dieting their asses off.
LITERALLY for one particular individual! HAHA.


Anyway, I had a good time catching up with these few whom I've not spent much face-to-face time with in the last 8+ years since I left Penang on 1 January 2002. Collectively, we noticed that as much as we still reminisce about the crazy times we've shared together, our topics of conversation have also "matured" somewhat. We've started talking about buying property, career advancement, as well as engagements and weddings. Oh, and since we're all working now, we've also begun fighting for pretending to fight for the bill. Haha. Grown up much? =p

7 comments :

陳一豪 said...

Erm, is 'b' a big belly, while 'B' is a big belly, and slightly smaller boobs?

RealGunners said...

crazy bunch of youth, 4 meals @.@"

Btw, youth is anything between 20 and 40 years old la, so you all should fit...

I'f someone fights for the bill, I'll always gladly let him win :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Hahahaha. So clever. =p And FOR ONCE, a proper comment! I shall look out for that blue moon tonight. Haha.


ATTN: RealGunners
– Ok ma 4 meals. Hahaha.

And 20-40 is by international standards lah. Locally, youth groups are usually those in their teens who have lots of energy to waste. So, rather than using it for bad things, they use it for productive stuff. =p

I think we were pretty fair that night with the billing system. Haha. Semua kena one time. =p

Reubz said...

Din ajak me... :(

And the Love Lane error sounds so Nicholes Ong...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Reubz
– In my defence, I wasn't the one doing the inviting. Mr Nicholes Ong was. Hahaha. But then again... Eh, you in Penang meh??

Reubz said...

Haha... Been in Penang even before you even left KL! Been here since Feb. Have visited Youth Impact (though I've obviously outgrew it) a few times, but not recently coz mostly I've been involving myself in ministries elsewhere. Been meaning to visit TOP on one of the Sundays but don't know when yet... Sometime soon, I hope.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Reubz
– Issit??? Damn. Haha. Info lagging. =p

Yeah, I don't attend YI either. Haha. Can't... urm... gel. Come jenguk jenguk TOP sometimes lah. Where you serving now?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!