Friday, November 05, 2010

Blood Suckers!

My dog officially has ticks. -_-'''


And for the first time since I brought her home in April 1996, I had to turn her over with Mee and pull big, fat ticks off her hairy behind. Grossness x 1,438,295.


Anyway, this was what we ripped off her today.




The grey ones are HUGE! No kidding!

Here's a close-up so you don't have to squint.


 


Yuck.

In all seriousness, those grey ones
are about the size of a raisin. EACH.

(Blergh. I don't think I can ever
swallow another raisin after this. -_-)


 25 ticks in total.


Don't they look all nice and juicy? So very plump, duncha think? Well, that's cos they've been very well-fed with my dog's blood. -_-' See, this is why dogs should never have doggy friends next door. No more running over to the neighbour's place, no more let's-bump-wet-noses nonsense, and no more I-smell-you-you-smell-me business. No more! From now on, my dog is grounded!


18 comments :

Terence Song said...

Have you tried popping them with a lighter?

Terence Song said...

Didn't really notice the ticks in the first photo... only the big rock on your finger!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Terence Song
- Aiyerrr!! Sure the blood spray everywhere right?? Yuck. Last time you all did that with Champ ah?

And liddat also you can see the rock?? White on white liao wor. Maybe should increase bokeh. Haha.

yapthomas said...

Oh! Let me ask what's the best solution. ALM (let's call u know who with that) used to own a pet shop. ;) BRB hehehe

Lissa said...

Ugh. I hate ticks. Makes my skin crawl. >.<

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Hahaha. Okay! Let me know!


ATTN: Lissa
– It's their legs. That's what's really gross. And the fact that they're fat. Like really really FAT.

gracielau said...

how in the world did Princess get SO MANY DIFFERENT TYPES of ticks?!

Lissa said...

The big ones are females, the little red ones are males. >.<

yapthomas said...

Try frontline (the concentrated version) or tac tic (which is sold in little brown bottles with red cap). so far these are the best to get rid of ticks. frontline should be used for prevention.

This is from ALM.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: gracielau
– 1 type only. Like Lissa said, they look different cos they're males and females.


ATTN: Lissa
– The male ones feed on the females for blood after they get extracted from the dog, you know?


ATTN: yapthomas
– That's what we're using!

Jeffro said...

Eeee Geli! *goosebumps!*

Lissa said...

Reeeeeally? x.x Gross-ness.

Terence Song said...

Don't remember where I got the idea from... probably from Steven Ko-Ko.

Why need to increase bokeh? Should post a close-up! I'm sure Jiso would like a closer look :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Be a man! Do the right thing! =p


ATTN: Lissa
– Hahaha. Yup! Don't let the blood go to waste, I suppose. =p


ATTN: Terence Song
– Hahaha. Steven Koko very disgusting sometimes. Haha. And got close up! Earlier in the blog after we announced the engagement. Here: http://tinkitalks.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-found-my-end-of-rainbow.html

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Terence Song
- Here's another: http://tinkitalks.blogspot.com/2010/07/green-means-go.html =)

Jeffro said...

that's not a thing.. that's plenty of TICKS O_O
I not man enough to handle these kinda stuffs *yucks*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahahaha. Blood suckers wat! Time to toughen up!

Jeffro said...

Tell that to your other half, if he's tough enough to handle that =P

Post a Comment

Talk to me!