Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Last Airbender



Watched The Last Airbender with the folks last night. (I know lah, I know. Damn lag right? Not showing in cinemas already right? You all watch many moons months ago already right? WHATEVER. Anywaysss...)


Missed the beginning cos I was on the phone so, I ended up asking the parentals tonnes of questions in between. Some out of confusion, some out of curiosity. HAHA. Yes, I am many irritatingness, thank you very much. =p


But you know, the one thing that confused me big time was why they casted Indian-looking actors for the people of Fire Nation and gave them Chinese names.


Pam Song: *in reference to the Indian-looking bad guy commander from Fire Nation* Eh, why they name him "Zhao" ah? So Chinese!

Dee: Then what? Muniandy??

Pam Song: -_-'''


I really don't know why I bother sometimes.


Anyway, I'd say that the movie wasn't that great lah. Effects were cool but there was a little too much yin-yang-meditation-spiritualism claptrap in the storyline for my liking. But still, I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the trilogy. Air done, Water down. Time for Aang (male lead) to master the other elements – Earth and Fire.

15 comments :

zecount said...

u're dad is funny !! thumbs up for dad

ChickLit said...

The original Nickelodeon animation is great. I never expected to get hooked on a Nick 'toon, but well decent animation, competent story-arcs, a well-captured Eastern sensibility (from Western creatives) and generally well-written characters drew me in.

Give it a shot: 3 Seasons only!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: zecount
– Haha. Sometimes it's okay. But it's not so funny when you're asking a serious question and he gives you a one-liner than makes you want to put your head through a wall. =p


ATTN: ChickLit
– You got the softcopy? =p

ChickLit said...

I do, actually! But you're in PG wor...

Felicia Boo said...

Hahahah wah lau eh your dad! Beh tahan his answer...Good one tho!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ChickLit
– Sendingssss!!!


ATTN: Felicia Boo
- Hahaha. Beh tahan right?? Hahahaha.

Anonymous said...

hey pam... the best part is this ...compared to the original animated series... this movie was nothing fantastic... the effects i guess were limited by the fact we are using humans : )

Pam Song said...

ATTN: angelochrisso
– You watched it too??? T_T It's really that great meh? *skeptical cos never watched animated series before*

goingkookies said...

If not mistaken, the original comic book, the good guys are blacks and the bad guys are whites.. hehe..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: goingkookies
– You've watched!? Is it any good?? Worth watching? And... hahaha. How unconventional. Like Batman. Dark hero in black. =p

Jeffro said...

Double Thumbs Up for dad! =P

Btw, I came up with a racist joke (Note: I meant no offense to anyone or any race, it's just a joke share amongst different races).

"You know why the Fire nation is being casted with indian looking people? Telling you that playing fire will eventually make you look like that, Burnt!" (Note: I shared it with my Indian friends as well, and they laughed too)

Jeffro said...

Another one was on the Earth Nation...

"Wanna know why most of the Asians (Chinese looking) have small eyes? Look at the Earth nation, playing with dirt all the times, it's nature's design to avoid getting those dirt in our eyes. For Asians (Chinese looking) with big eyes, they ain't really Asians (Chinese looking) They spies from other nations =P"

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– You seem to like my dad an awful lot. HE'S TAKEN! AND STRAIGHT! RAWR!

Haha.

And ya... my friends and I talked about why they used Indians for Fire Nation in that way a little too but... it was deemed "inappropriate". =p

Jeffro said...

O-M-G I don't like like your dad... I just happen to like his sense of humor, that's a RAWR back to you!

Wonder why people still laugh knowing it's inappropriate, causing laughing at it only denotes that it's a good thing =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– RAWR RAWR RAWR! Your implied meaning suggested otherwise!!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!