Friday, November 26, 2010

I Feel Like A Million Bucks!

I was reading Karen Cheng's model-human-shoe-scare post about shoes when suddenly... alarm bells started ringing in my head and a voice – that very oddly sounded a lot like mine (har har) – shouted at me (the nerve!) – with its resounding echoes vibrating through my brain from right to left and back again (the voice knows no mercy) – saying:

"WOAI, WOMAN! You better start wearing in your (potential) wedding shoes before they whip their super-bling satin-smooth asses around on you and stab you in the back. Or in this case, your heels! You don't want any shoes – no matter how pretty – to bite your toes and heels off even as you're teetering down the aisle, now do you?? DO YOU???"

@_@

Nope, I don't.

So...


For the first time since I purchased them late last month, I very carefully took my (potential) wedding shoes out, put them on, stood up, and then... WHOA. @_@


The clocks stopped ticking,
the world stopped spinning,
and Time. Just. Stood. Still.


Although I was (and still am) in a very old, very tattered, very faded t-shirt I've had since I was 15 (or younger), I suddenly felt like million bucks! Serious!! I felt... wah... like a million bucks lah! No other way to put it already. So much so that my right hand started twitching cos it automatically wanted to The Slo-Mo Wave like I was the Queen of England or Miss America or something! HAHA. Maybe cos of the 'S' posture those high heels put me in. Or the height those 4.5-inchers provided. Dunno lah. Whatever the case...


ALL HAIL HIGH HEELS
that kill our feet and strain our backs!

May our love-hate relationship
live on and on and on!

7 comments :

Jeffro said...

LOL, the day Pam.Stood.Still =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– TIME! Not Pam, TIME!!!

Melsong said...

How about wearing the shoes around the house for at least 1 hour every day to break them in?

Jeffro said...

hahaha so did you do The Slo-Mo Wave?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– Wahhh. 1 hour a day?? By the time the wedding comes kiam chai already lor. Haha.


ATTN: Jeffro
– Ooo, it was tempting. And I was tempted. BUT I RESISTED!!!

Lissa said...

You really should break them in, though. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Maybe I'll wear them to sleep. HARHAR.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!