Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Early Bird Catches The Worm

Today, I finally ordered the first
of my two evening gowns. =)


Yup, the very one that I fell in love with but didn't commit to the first time I bridal shop hopped in SS2. Haha. And because I'm booking it 8.5 months in advance without a pre-wedding photography package, I was given a whopping 30% off the opening price + a free double can-can (worth a pretty good sum) thrown in for good measure. Yay!


*dances the can-can*


On a more serious note, I really think it's awesome how our Malaysian designers and bridal houses seem to reward non-last-minute brides who place their bookings at least 1 year – 6 months in advance. I.e. me. Haha. (From what I hear, 1 year – 6 months seems to be the minimum standard. Any time shorter, you either pay the regular price or kena cut throat giler for non-package purchases. -_-''')


Take my case for instance. I got a reeeaally good deal for my gown today because I'm not at all in a rush for my order to arrive and am allowing the bridal house time to work at their convenience. Plus, what you didn't know was that I was actually given an Early Bird Special for the first gown I ordered during my last trip to KL, too! That one saved me 20% off the designer's standard retail price. =)


Just by placing my bookings early and by giving my vendors/suppliers ample time to prepare my gowns without rush, my total savings so far have come up to a significant 4-figure amount. No kidding! It makes that big a difference. So, as you can see, it pays (literally!) to plan these things in advance and to not leave them to the very last minute.


Don't say I never gave you good advice. =p

Anyway, 2 gowns down, 2 more to go! Wheee!


p/s: Yup, the gown I ordered today is from KL and yup, I went down for a super speedy working trip. 2 days, 1 night – very productive, but also just as tiring. That's why I'm hitting the sack right after I click "Publish". Nights, y'all!

12 comments :

Lissa said...

Yay! :D

Anonymous said...

For a moment there, I was expecting to see a pictures of the dress or something and NEARLY demanded for it. Until I realised it was your wedding dress haha. Wait for me Dec first weekend!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– A big fat yay indeed! =D


ATTN: lauderlyn
– HAHAHA. Of course no pictures. =p And first weekend of Dec you still won't have anything to see. Most of my gowns will be fitted AFTER Chinese New Year so... earliest also Feb. =p

Jeffro said...

so if I plan two years ahead, will there be any chance of me getting close to a 50% discount? =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahahaha. I can't say for sure cos I'm planning a wedding in 1 year, not 2. But... I doubt it. =p

Jeffro said...

Hmmm if I feel I need to settle down, I gotta plan it like few years ahead... but then again, if something's really that cheap, it's gotta be too good to be true... *shrugs*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– A few?? How many few are we talking about? 1? 2? 5?? Hahaha. And no la. Their opening price is damn high wan. So you know got standard. It's just that they give discount when you pressure them or give them time. =)

Jeffro said...

Ooo, okies noted and noted! Shall take this approach then =P Hmm is 5 considered few? IF so, YES 5! =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– Wahhh... 5 years!? How old are you now??

Jeffro said...

I 18 only =P "Forever young, I wanna be forever young"

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– An 18yo singing an old song. Hmmm. You know how the rest of the song goes or not? =p

Jeffro said...

Hmmm that's a trick question isn't it?! =.="
If I say yes, you'd say confirm old...
If I say no, you'd say then I can't stay forever young...

I'm gonna go with option C - Ignore =P

Post a Comment

Talk to me!