Monday, February 01, 2010

Tinki's Musical Addictions

Top Pick Of The Week


ARTIST: Train
ALBUM TITLE: Save Me, San Francisco



I say it's the pick of the week cos it sounds cooler that way. But in reality, this album has been on loop for the longest time now. Haha. It's got a good balance of upbeat, happy songs as well as some touching ones with a pinch of emo.

The title track (Save Me, San Francisco) and their first single (Hey, Soul Sister) are real fun to sing along to, while "Brick By Brick" and "Marry Me" are slower and emo-er. But still, it's emo in positive ways. Nothing too depresso. Don't worry. =p

No favourites tracks to recommend cos the whole album's rockin' so, if you haven't "bought" it yet, stop dilly-dallying. It's a good one. =)


-------------


This next one is a close second-in-line.
I was actually addicted to it before I moved on
to Train's Save Me, San Francisco.


ARTIST: Steven Curtis Chapman
ALBUM TITLE: Beauty Will Rise



SCC wrote this album after the death of his adopted daughter, Maria Sue Chunxi Chapman. (I wrote a post about her death.) It's what I listen to when I wanna emo in godly ways. (Don't ask me what that last sentence means. I dunno how to explain also. It's not really a sad kind of emo. Instead, it's more like a grateful/thankful kind of emo.) My favourite tracks are "Our God Is In Control" and "February 20th".

2 comments :

Leonard said...

Hmm .. how coincidental is that, i am in San Francisco now ;-)
Will see if I can find the album here,, will be cool to listen to the songs will crossing the golden gate bridge.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Leonard
– Wow! Talk about being a jet-setter! Hahaha. There for work?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!