Friday, February 26, 2010

Brandon + Kristin

He's a photographer with a golden heart. She's a natural beauty with a sweet spirit. As though they were destined to be together from the start, Brandon and Kristin had an air about them – like they were one of those couples you'd think were just made for each other.


------------



"This wedding was one of the most anticipated weddings in the industry. For those of you who know Brandon and Kristin, you're a better person because of their kind, positive personalities and friendship. These two are one of the most bubbly, most helpful, and Christlike people you will ever meet. They truly express their beliefs through their day to day actions. Not only are they just amazing people, but they are radical photogs."

– Shade Tree Films


------------

I don't know them personally but I'd seen pictures and read posts of this couple's special day on so many blogs, it feels like I do already. =) Even so, I waited over a month before publishing anything. Why? Simple. Because I wasn't so drawn to their story that I just had to write.


Sure, the pictures – captured by the great Jasmine Star and her hubs, by the way – were pretty. The setting at Orange County was nothing less than perfect. But still... Something was missing. Well, today I found that missing-something that totally blew me away.


Their story. In their own words.





And if you thought that the video
was sweet, wait till you hear this:


Some time in the video, you'll see what appears to be Brandon and Kristin reenacting their proposal scene. NOT. TRUE. In actual fact, the couple didn't have to reenact their proposal for the Shade Tree Films crew at all! You see, Brandon planned the day so perfectly that he actually had two friends hide and capture the special moment as it took place. What you saw was the actual proposal!!!


And the cherry on top would be the fact that he brilliantly kept the taping a secret from his wife-to-be, Kristin. So, that entire engagement part of the video you saw... it came as a beautiful surprise to Kristin, too, when they watched together it at the wedding. *heart melts*


I tell ya, that surprise element? The shock value that comes from a pleasant unknown? It's what really takes it to the next level. Simple but totally effective when it comes to turning us, girls, into putty in your hands. Haha. Brandon, you da man. =)


To be honest with you, it was this video that made me want to publish their story. (Shade Tree Films did an awesome job!) I saw that – more than just having good-looking people in pretty dresses in great pictures – their story was beautiful, too. And the way God seemed at the center of everything was even more beautiful to me. Bible study together? Nice. A proposal before the cross after prayer? Divine.


But tales of mush and down-on-one-knee proposals by a cross after bible study aside, I thought the pre-wedding interview was a nice touch. How they met, how they ended up being together, what they love about each other, how they feel about each other – in their own words. Beautiful.


Brandon Kidd is brilliant.
And Mrs Kidd is a blessed woman.


------------


Hmmm. You know, watching this makes me wonder how I'd propose to my girl if I were a guy. What would I do? How far would I go? And how much effort would I put in? Would I be able to surpass Brandon's brilliance? Or stand at par, at least? Haha. I guess some things, we'll never know. =)


Click on the following links to jump to:

4 comments :

jack said...

awwww.. heart *melts* ice-cream *melts* iceberg *melts* ok need to stop global warming...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Haha. Very potong steam lah you. Haha.

Lissa said...

Awwww... So sweet. :) I love weddings!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Yeah! I love love love weddings, too! I think they're just down-right dreamyyyy. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!