Saturday, January 23, 2010

Once Upon A Wintertime

OMG, fond memories!!! TV3 is da bomb on Saturday morning lah, I tell you! Earlier, I watched Donald Duck get his arse beaten by his three nephews. Haha. Funny. And now, it's showing a cartoon I used to watch over and over again on VCR when I was a child! A Christmas tale of lovers in the winter, beautifully sung by Frances Langford.




Ahh, now, I'm feeling all lovey dovey. =)

Disney make love seem so easy, right?

Love > Bicker > Make Up
> Back & Better Together Than Ever
> Happily Ever After

So innocent. So simplistic.


If only it were true for all of us. Haha. Most love stories I know come with hard work, perseverance, tenacity, effort... and then some. Successes are few and there's pain aplenty. And for those who actually make it, they tell stories that somehow fall short of what my imagination conjours. No drawing hearts on ice. No bunny rabbit couples for company. Just a choice to love and you stick to it cos you know what you want. Well, that's real life, I guess. Think Real Life needs a good dose of Disney sometimes though. The die-hard romantic in me needs it. Haha.

5 comments :

ChickLit said...

Saturday morning cartoons FTW

chris federick said...

Dropping by. Interesting cartoons. I used to be a Disney ddict when I was younger.

Lissa said...

Awww...I've never watched this one, but I love Disney cartoons too! :) Thanks for sharing!

test said...

yea Disney cartoon rocks !

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ChickLit
– Haha. Ze bestest!


ATTN: chris_lim
– Hi, Chris. =) And yes! I used to be a Disney addict too! Every day watch same tape also cannot sien. =p


ATTN: Lissa
– It's sweet huh? And the best part is they didn't use any words at all! No talking throughout the cartoon. Just music and sound effects. Amazing.


ATTN: Spectre
– Kids of today are all Barney's and Teletubbies. No more Disney. So sad. I'll make sure my kids get to watch Disney, man!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!