Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bring Out The Stars And I'll Show You A Happy Girl

When I first started dating, stargazing used to be the highlight of my dates. The men – boys, at the time, and no, there weren't all that many (only two) – I went out with knew my fascination of them so they always always ensured that it was part of the programme. Haha. Which was kind of like cheating in an open book test to me lah. But very thoughtful and endearing all the same. =p


In the year 2001 (or was it 2000? Hmmm), I fell in love with a particular star and started calling it mine. The guy I was seeing then had his own. Mine became my favourite cos it was the most unique one in the bunch; his was cos it was the one that was right smack in the middle of the bunch.


Tells a lot about what's important to us, huh? Haha. I want to be special. He's just... wants to constantly be at the centre of attention. HAHA. And in case you were wondering – no, we didn't go mush enough to start choosing a couple star. No sharing is caring when it comes to stars ok! Territorial sial! Haha.


Then one day, a guy I attended tuition with told me about a place he knew of where the stars shone brighter there than at any other spot in Penang. I was skeptical about it at first but... upon getting there and looking up towards the night sky, I realised – it's true!


So when I started dating again, I introduced the place to the guy I was seeing. And for a long time, it served as our relax-after-a-date-look-at-the-stars-talk-nonsense-and-dream-about-the-future place. No hanky-panky, mind you. Just a place to enjoy each other's company under and awe-inspiring expanse of starry sky.


Until the khalwat police started
giving us problems. HAHA.


With that place being out of the question, no thanks to one exceptionally bad incident with the cops, my stargazing days took a break. The guy I was seeing went off to study abroad so the going-out-on-physical-dates thing just didn't happen no more. That, and I was in KL most of the time, too, anyways.


So, at most, a childhood friend of mine who also happened to go to the same college as I did (let's call her Cucumber) and I used to sit at the playground at SS15 and talk till the wee hours of morning. (That time no sket die wan. Daring giler babi.) The stars eventually became a by-the-way I enjoyed but failed to pay full attention to.


And then I started working.


Things between me and Starry Skies just went downhill after that. I hardly had time to chill and do nothing but enjoy Mother Nature and her sparkly little diamonds. Soon, I stopped looking up altogether. Which was bad. I mean, I never forgot her beauty and the good times we shared. But I never acted on my impulse to catch another twinkle or two either.


The next time I had a chance to really enjoy her company was when I flew to Perth on a holiday. My most recent holiday to Perth, actually. (Which, come to think about it, actually isn't all that recent. It's been a year now. Wow, time really flies!) Was there for a good number of days so I had time to really unwind, play the stay-at-home wife who did the laundry and watched SYTYCD while she ironed the clothes, and... look at stars that twinkle in the clear Perth sky, of course.


And then, that was it. Sigh.
Wonder when Next Time will be.




It's been too long since I've gone stargazing.

I think it's time Starry Skies and I
rekindled our love for each other.

5 comments :

ChickLit said...

"Sigh.
Wonder when Next Time will be."

HD(tm) Night II !

Resurrected said...

You'll get to stargaze soon enough I am sure =)

Good night stargazer...

luxen said...

how to stargaze in Klang Valley? The rarely see the stars over KL.

RealGunners said...

where's that spot that u mentioned in Penang? tell me tell meeeee~~~

Pam Song said...

ATTN: boone
– HAHAHAHA. HD™NII cheating di lor.


ATTN: Resurrected
– Awww, I hope so. =)


ATTN: luxen
– Yeah! I agree! How come ah? Our lights here too bright already I think. So sad. =(


ATTN: RealGunners
– Go past Batu Ferringhi. Past all the malay kampung until you reach a roundabout. That roundabout got mamak and all that wan. You take a 9. Then just keep driving straight. You'll reach it. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!