Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's A Teaching Hospital

Today, I finally got a chance to start on Grey's Season 5. Watched 3 episodes back to back. In bed. With chips and munchies in one hand, and my lappie remote control in the other. Haha. Ahhh, this is the life, bay-beh. And now? Now, it's sharing time.


I believe that there's something to learn from everything you do. Something to learn from very person you meet. And this is what I learned from Grey's Anatomy, Season 5, Episode 1: Dream A Little Dream Of Me: -


You've got to lean into the fear
to get your happy ending.



Hmmm. Never thought I'd learn something
– ANYTHING – from blank-faced Meredith.


It's like what someone who once cared for my future once told me – "Those who dare, win." And it's true. If you wanna make it, you've gotta have courage. If you wanna BE someone great who does great things, you've gotta be brave enough to do it. Brave enough to attempt it. You've gotta have guts. And faith in yourself. And faith in the people around you who'll help you get there.


Courage. Bravery. Guts. And faith.

These things, I need.

9 comments :

§pinzer said...

those are the things we ALL need, and of course, I believe Perseverence is the last magic ingredient to bind it all!

estherlauderlyn said...

I need too I need too! *waves hand in the air*

But Pam. You already have :)

choco said...

where did you download it from? i WANT WANT WANT.!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: §pinzer
– Well, true. These things start it all but it's perseverance that helps bring everything together. Good point.


ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Haha. That was real sweet of ya. babe. =) You just made my day.

And you know what? You have it, too. Anybody who's in LDR and surviving it with a smile has it. =)


ATTN: choco
– Haha. I've got a colleague who downloads it for me every week. =p I'm totally up to date with that. I just don't have time to watch. Hahaha.

Unknown said...

SAS uses the motto "Who Dares Win". I've always read great stories about their rescue mission, that only they can pull off.

The Ingredients for any attempt, as you say: Courage. Bravery. Guts. And faith.

Yes, the most important is, the binding Perseverance pointed out by Spritzer.

The reaction needed after a setback. To bounce back after defeat. I've always like the never-say-die attitude of sporting teams, like Man Utd and their great manager. To inspire when the chips are down.

Unknown said...

I forgot to add.

To begin with...

a healthy mind & body, no odd sleeping hours and posting comments at 5a.m.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– What's SAS? (I'd google it if I were kiasu but I'm too tired to worry about kiasu-ism right now.)

Hmmm. I think that perseverance should be there whether or not there is a setback. We don't need setbacks to want to continue to strive forward.

And if I didn't post at odd hours, I wouldn't really have time to post at all lah...

Oh, and one last thing: Uh, go Liverpool. *grin*

Unknown said...

SAS is teh UK's Special Air Service. They are the cream or creme of the army. Their stories are almost like the movie 300.

Juz get enuff sleep that's all i'm saying.

Pffft! Now Liverpool epitomises the exact opposite of the Courage. Bravery. Guts. And faith. No wonder u r weak!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Sure bo they so geng? All these are war stories only lah. Hahahaha. No guarantee wan. Maybe they beefed it up themselves to make themselves sound more heroic? =p

I should get enough sleep. I should go to sleep NOW! Goodnights. Zzz.

p/s: Down with Man U.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!