Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One-upmanship

You know how kids are sooo ridiculously competitive with things that they'll talk about all sorts of nonsense with such conviction that you'd think it was true? Like... "MY house is the biggest house on the planet!" You'll immediately hear another kid reply, "No, who say? MY house is bigger than YOUR house, okayyy. That makes it the most ultimate biggestest house in the UNIVERSE!"


Well, don't laugh. Cos daddies do it, too.


Dee's Friend: (looks at me and says) Wah, you got dimple ah? One or two.

Pam Song: Urm...

Dee's Friend: Hah! MY princess got TWO!


Wth. Who's competing
with his daughter in the first place??
*rolls eyes*


After that, all I really wanted to say in reply to the uncle was, "Issit? Princess is your daughter ah? I also got Princess! She's my DOG." =p But of course I didn't lah. Not that I had time to anyway. He went on saying...


Dee's Friend: *turns to Dee* Eh, my son big already lor.

Dee: Oh, how old?

Dee's Friend: *proudly* 24 liao lo.

Dee: *without skipping a beat* My daughter bigger than him. 26.

Dee's Friend: *instant reply* But my son is big sized! And... and... he's handsome!


Wth, as if being handsome is even relevant when conducting
comparisons between children of different genders. -_-


I don't understand this one-upmanship thing between fathers. And it's not like they're subtle or anything you know. (Unlike us, women. *snicker*) They just outright fire each other only. And with ME standing there summore! No give face langsung. He wait lah. I go dig another dimple!!

12 comments :

test said...

Haha damn epic! !! Can die if stay any longer

cuilin said...

i also thought princess was his dog. imagine dog has dimples. haha ==

i totally feel you. =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Spectre
– HAHAHA. So difficult for me to keep a straight face okayyy. Tahan giler!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: cuilin
– Hahaha. Dog with dimples?? Poor dog. =p

Reubz said...

I have a friend who was born without dimples, but got himself one when he fell into a drain. Perhaps you might wanna try that out.

陳一豪 said...

Actually I very sien friends like that one lorh.

Stopped yumming char with them if it goes on too much.

Lissa said...

Mothers are also like that. <.< Trust me.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Reubz
– HAHA. I'll want to aim that fall so I land on my cheek. Or forehead. A dimple on my forehead could be cool too. =p


ATTN: 陳一豪
– I also cannot really tahan. Like name dropping and all that. Unfortunately, this wasn't MY friend. Haha. It was my dad's friend. =p And we didn't even have to go out yamcha or anything to get an earful. We just bumped into him on the streets!!


ATTN: Lissa
– Ooo, I can imagine! Haha.

neena said...

HAHAH!! Dads these days...malu. T_T

Hey Pam, we're like the same age! How come i'm no way near any wedding bells? Huwaaaa(kindly ignore the sudden outburst of self-pity lol)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
– Hahahaha. Ya man! Tak boleh bawa keluar mia. HARHAR. =p

Wedding bells? Don't worry babe! It rings when the right man comes along. Always does! =)

neena said...

*wishful thinking*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: neena
– Psst... I also found that love always comes along and surprises us when we're not looking though. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!